Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
Lulur23
Aspirant
Aspirant

Cameras will not charge even after I switched batteries and cases. I have had the. For less than 3 years. I tried removing them and readding them and they will not work 

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

That would seem to point to the charger and/or cable. Use a different charger and make sure both sides of the magnetic connector are clean and the cable is properly seated.

Scootter
Aspirant
Aspirant

I only have one Arlo Pro 4 camera but I have the same issue. Since the last firmware update it will no longer charge with a solar panel or the magnetic charger. I am not sure what to do with it now.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Use Settings, Support to choose the camera model. Scroll down to Contacts to talk to official support.

TLCtheTexan
Tutor
Tutor

3 years is a long time for a battery like this. I had one die in a year! It is obvious that arlo is having financial problems. They have taken away the alert status for non-suscribers. Can you imagine. It's like a guitar without strings. It seems a class action lawsuit will come of all there nonsense. I am going to post an important some important information tomorrow. please look out for it.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@TLCtheTexan wrote:

3 years is a long time for a battery like this.

It depends a lot on the number of charge/discharge cycles.  Most of my cameras are more than three years old, and I've had very few issues with the batteries.

@Lulur23's case sounds like a failed charger or cable.

@Scootter has only one camera, so really hard to tell what is going on there.  If the camera has some power, then a factory reset is one possible thing to try.  Although it would cost, another option is to purchase a standalone charger for the battery. 

There are third-party options that are less expensive - some users are happy with them, but others find they don't work well.  

Lulur23
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve changed the camera out with another one as I have 3. They all are doing same thing and won’t charge.. when I put them in camera case I see the blue light go on.. but that’s it then nothing. I tried to readd them but the app is not finding them… the one out of three is added but won’t charge.  Frustrating. I think I need to find new cameras

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Lulur23 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation