Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
StanLee19
Tutor
Tutor

Last week, I was able to download Arlo 20 sec ~5MB .mp4 video file recordings. This week, the new recordings are still ~20 seconds, but only download as ~50KB .MP4 files. Unable to play on MS player, but able to open on VLC, but shows as a "still" picture, not a video. Cleared cache, used Firefox on desktop and laptop with no success. Clicked to download a video from 2 weeks ago and was previously downloaded a MB size file. Now that file only downloads as a ~KB size file.

Error msg from MS Player "We can't open 1690316284948. [.mp4 file name]. This may be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt. 0xC00D36C4 Send feedback"

Tired using Chrome, but downloading gives error msg "request timed out". Not sure what happened to cause the system to not download the "full" 5mb video recordings.

Anyone solved this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StanLee19
Tutor
Tutor

I'm able to download the mb size .mp4 video feeds on my desktop now like before. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Try using the app as well as verifying that the rules for the camera are for recording a video, not taking a snapshot.

StanLee19
Tutor
Tutor

I double checked the settings and cameras are set for video. I also manually recorded a 20 second video from the feed link and took a snapshot. The feed link downloaded as a 28kb size *.mp4 file, while the snap shot was a 30kb *.jpg file. Strange that a video file is showing as the smaller than a snapshot. Did not try using the app as I don't want to load this software on my phone.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Trying the app is still a valid troubleshooting step. You can always remove it afterwards.

StanLee19
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks - I installed the App on an old spare android phone and was able to again download ~5 mb size *.mp4 video files and view them on the phone. Strange that the same "clip" a few minutes later still only downloads as a ~40kb size *.mp4 video on my desktop using firefox.  Chrome and Safari still returns a "time out error" and can't download the video file.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No real idea but I'd guess it's a security setting for maybe your Internet security software (e.g. Norton, etc.).

Merb
Initiate
Initiate

Yes, I have the same problem. Was on Chat with ARLO but problem not solved.

StanLee19
Tutor
Tutor

I'm able to download the mb size .mp4 video feeds on my desktop now like before. Thanks.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation