Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 two homes with 2 cameras at each…I only want one account!

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Tomastodisimo
Follower
Follower

I have two homes, and I don’t want to sign on to two different accounts to see the activity.  I want just one account.  I have 2 cameras at each home.  My newest camera at the second location is on the same account, and its free time just expired…and I don’t know how to activate it for that account!  It worked great during the free time!  

Note, I have a base at one of my homes, but not at the second…I’m wondering if I have to get a second base and install that at the second location under the original account…

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tomastodisimo wrote:

I have two homes, and I don’t want to sign on to two different accounts to see the activity.  I want just one account.  I have 2 cameras at each home.  

You can set it up that way, though you would need to remove the cameras (and any bases) on the account you want to drop.

If you use the emergency features in Secure Plus, you'll need to pick one of the locations for that feature.  Geofencing would also only work for one location.

@Tomastodisimo wrote:

I’m wondering if I have to get a second base and install that at the second location under the original account…

No.  Unless you want to go without a subscription, and use direct access to local storage.  In that case, you'd need to get a smarthub (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  There are a number of limitations to direct access, so personally I use the subscription.  Direct access is still enabled as a backup.

@Tomastodisimo wrote:

My newest camera at the second location is on the same account, and its free time just expired…and I don’t know how to activate it for that account!  

You'd log into that account and purchase the subscription.  I suggest using a PC browser (my.arlo.com) instead of the app.

Obviously this only applies if you choose not to consolidate to one account.

@Tomastodisimo wrote:

I have two homes, and I don’t want to sign on to two different accounts to see the activity.

"Friend" Access is the other option, and would allow you to see camera activity from all the cameras in either account.

If you go this route, accept the invites on a PC.

Though subscriptions would cost more, this approach lets can set up geofencing and emergency services at both locations.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation