Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BillUhr
Guide
Guide

I bought 5 Pro 4's about a year ago.  First charge for all lasted about 4-5 months.  Second charge lasted about the same for all but one.  One of the cameras needed to be charged after a month.  A month later it needed to be charged again.  The other cameras still looked like they would last about 5 months.  I traded batteries between cameras but the one camera (with different battery) still drains rapidly.  Now I have left that camera turned off for several days and it is still draining rapidly.  Any thoughts or potential solutions?  I'd prefer not to replace the one year old camera.

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

BillUhr,

Trading batteries was a good first troubleshooting step. Now that you've excluded the battery as the potential issue, try swapping that cameras location with one that is behaving as expected to see if the problematic camera continues to behave the same way in a new location.

JamesC

BillUhr
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the reply.  It'll take a few days to try that.

Bill

BillUhr
Guide
Guide

I traded camera locations and after a few days the problem camera battery has dropped to 80% from 100% without being turned on.  Other cameras remains at 99%.  There is a problem with the camera.  Obviously the camera maintains some sort of connection to the hub so that it can be activated.  Is there a means of resetting the camera other than removing the device from the hub and re-adding it?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Reinserting the battery is the only other way to "reset" (that's really just power-cycling, not resetting).

Exactly when did you buy the camera since you have a (typically) 1 year warranty so you could get a replacement camera and/or battery.

BillUhr
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the warranty suggestion.  I bought the cameras last October (through Amazon) so I'll follow up on warranty possibilities.

FYI, I did find instructions for resetting the camera on the web.  (Who'd have thought?)  Holding the sync button for 15 seconds seemed to reset the camera to factory defaults.  The light blinked and it had to be re-added to the hub.  Unfortunately It didn't help my issue.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation