Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Hollymcq
Follower
Follower
I bought 4 Arlo Pro 4 cameras. On the app to sync them with my WiFi they have to read a QR code. Only 2 will. I have tried all the tips and tricks on other posts and what Arlo says to do. Nothing is working. Help!
6 REPLIES 6
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you try the camera reset?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hollymcq,

Try the troubleshooting steps listed in the following article for QR code scanning issues: My Arlo device won’t scan the QR code when I am connecting it to a router; what do I do?

JamesC

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Yes.  The same thing happened to me.  I kept reading the prompts and eventually tried a factory reset which solved the problem.

Also one are of guidance in the setup process is a bit awkward.  It starts out telling us to connect to a 2.4GHz SSID, but many people will not have those named separately...and the mobile device will likely be connected to 5GHZ.  Technically, I think we just need to specify an SSID that includes the use of the 2.4 GHz radio.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 4 will only connect to a 2.4GHz WiFi regardless of a common SSID for both bands. There's no way for it to connect to a 5GHz WiFi. Your phone can generally use any connection available since the SSID and passphrase are the same. That said, some folks have found that a temporary creation of separate 2.4 and 5GHz SSIDs (with the 2.4GHz SSID being the one you want to keep) has helped - YMMV.

AncientGeek
Hero
Hero

Other than the factory reset requirement, it worked fine for me with a combined SSID.  I just found the language concerning when I started the setup.  I wondered if I was going to have to set up a separate SSID for 2.4GHz.  However, I did not need to do that.  I’m not sure what less ambiguous language might look like.  Perhaps “Connect to an SSID that is associated with a 2.4GHz radio (separate or combined)”.  YMMV is certainly true.  A lot of people have no clue what any of this means or may still have 5GHz on a separate SSID for some reason.

I’m not sure I even needed to connect to the correct SSID other than for automatically populating the SSID field on the setup.  I was prompted for the SSID and password and I assume this phase of the setup was using Bluetooth.  I have four SSIDs for different VLANs.  I did connect to my CloudCam SSID for this, just to be certain.

Now if Arlo would just enable more of the functionality on these “your own Wi-Fi” versions of the camera rather than requiring us to use the WiFi from a base station, that would be very nice.  I’d love to ditch the WiFi interference caused by all of my base stations.

jwood1
Star
Star

As others have said, perform a factory reset: hold down the sync button for about 15 sec until the amber light begins to blink then release.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation