Pro 4 not detecting motion

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Dimaje
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the cameras installed on both the arlo app and google app but they do not alert any motion.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dimaje
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning i could not see any videos in my feed and then i pulled up a help page about "why am i not receiving arlo notifications on my Android device" which had a link in it "how do i enable or disable push notifications on my Android device" and this is where I found what I missed.  These cameras are not at all like the google cameras which are plug and play.   My Arlo cameras needed to have rules!  Once I setup the rules I was getting notifications.  Then I tested the cameras and yes indeed they were sending notifications!!!!   also printed off the user manual just in case.

Somewhere I missed that there is a manual.  Wish I had known months ago about the manual to save some frustrations for this not so techie person.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dimaje wrote:

I have the cameras installed on both the arlo app and google app but they do not alert any motion.  Thanks

Are you seeing recordings in the Library (or Feed)?  (Just not getting notifications)?

Are the cameras armed?

Dimaje
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, i am not seeing recordings in the Library/feed nor am i getting any notifications.

Yes the cameras are armed.

I went live today with a real subscription with arlo secure hoping that would help.  No it did not.

I went out and stood so that I could see myself in the camera's eye but no alerts and nothing was sent to the Library.

ARGGGGG!  

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Which do you see to view videos - Library or Feed? ANswers can vary according to which user interface (UI) you're using. If the active mode should be arming the cameras, does it actually have rules in it for those cameras and recording/notifications are enabled?

Dimaje
Aspirant
Aspirant

This morning i could not see any videos in my feed and then i pulled up a help page about "why am i not receiving arlo notifications on my Android device" which had a link in it "how do i enable or disable push notifications on my Android device" and this is where I found what I missed.  These cameras are not at all like the google cameras which are plug and play.   My Arlo cameras needed to have rules!  Once I setup the rules I was getting notifications.  Then I tested the cameras and yes indeed they were sending notifications!!!!   also printed off the user manual just in case.

Somewhere I missed that there is a manual.  Wish I had known months ago about the manual to save some frustrations for this not so techie person.

Thank you!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation