Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 cameras keep going offline

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Sasqwach
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am at my wit's end. I have had 2 pro 4 cameras for about 6 months. They are not connected to a hub, but rather to the app. 

In the last 3 weeks the cameras keep going offline. I go through the process of setting them up, setting the zones and checking them. They work for about 2 hours then disconnect again.

They have been connected to a 2.4ghz network whilst other devices in the house run on a 5ghz connection. This is no different to before. What is different is that they disconnect continuously and they need resetting. 

I am now faced with an additional issue. One of the cameras will reset and connect again, the other cannot be found during the setup process. 

These cameras are not cheap, yet I am left with a distinct feeling that they are acting like cheap options. 

I need this resolved.  

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, the cameras don't connect to the app - they connect to either a hub or your WiFi. The app is just a viewer and a way to manage the system. There's also a web client to do the same thing. No biggie.

I would move a camera closer to your router to see if that helps the connection. A disconnection issue can be due to various things such as signal strength and/or interference. Moving the camera may help isolate that as a possibility.

For the camera that won't connect, try the reset process:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062438/How-do-I-factory-reset-and-re-sync-my-Arlo-camera

Sasqwach
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks, I appreciate your reply 

However, here is what I can tell you.

1) You are right, I am just accessing the cameras through the app 

2) I have moved the cameras and my phone next to the router and it made ZIP difference. When the cameras are put in  location, they say signal strength is strong. SO do not think this is the issue

3) I have reset the camera a few times to no avail. 

Any other tips would be welcome. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sasqwach wrote:

Any other tips would be welcome. 

If you have a subscription, then you could try support.  Look in the support section of the app, you should see a phone option there.  Don't google for support, that will almost certainly lead to a scam support site.

FWIW, I have sometimes seen cameras show up as offline, when they still are making recordings.  You might check if that is the case with yours (or not).  Either way, the problem obviously needs to be fixed.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation