Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 cameras cannot not be discovered on IOS

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Support really sucks so here I am. Got to the end stage of setup and wifi will not discover my cameras on my iPad or iPhone. Is this an IOS thing? My wife's Android phone works first shot. Tried a zillion times. Had a long winded post earlier but this forum kept asking me to fix highlighted errors. The only thing was highlighted was from a drop down box for Pro 4 that is not in the list an an hour later. Not a favourable first impression of Arlo.

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

Got to the end stage of setup and wifi will not discover my cameras on my iPad or iPhone. Is this an IOS thing? My wife's Android phone works first shot.

Did you set up a different account for your wife?  Cameras can only be in one account.  So if they are already in your wife's account, they cannot be added to yours.  You have to use friend access.  https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-to-my-Arlo-account

Note you don't want to remove the cameras from your wife's account and add them to yours - while that will work, you will lose the trial subscription.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks Guru for your reply. I really appreciate it. 

We only created the one account and only after a zillion attempts on my iPhone we tried with her Samsung. Still no understanding why my phone wouldn't discover the camera.

Initially we had made the decision to replace our Nest wired doorbell with the Arlo wired doorbell, add the Pro 4 cameras in order to run a single app. (we had some Blink cameras previously but didn't like changing out batteries and with the Nest doorbell had to run two apps) I decided to give the battery Pro 4 cameras a shot knowing I could hardwire them if keeping them charged annoyed me. After having trouble with them and discovering the horrible Arlo support, (both the initial bot (?) and then chat ) I arrived here. It took me ages to get my initial post up. I was about to try to find another forum for security cameras in an attempt to resolve things. The seemingly endless issues with the Arlo cameras in general on this site and issues with the Arlo wired doorbell made my final decision easy.  (yeah...I am well aware that for every person with issues there are likely hundreds of satisfied Arlo owners, like most discussion forums over the gamut in the many interests out there)

So....the Arlo Pro 4s got returned today along with the doorbell. We will stick with the Nest wired doorbell which we are quite content with and look at the new Nest wireless, battery outdoor cameras. 

The Arlo cameras and app are likely very versatile once set up and operating as they ought to, but there appears to be a lot of bugs not worked out and I just don't have the patience or time anymore to want to deal with constant issues. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation