Pro 4 camera livestreams show up as 4K in app

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bww129
Guide
Guide

I've got 4 Pro 4 cameras connected to a VMB5000 base station that have been working fine for many months now. All of the sudden the livestream doesn't work for any of the cameras in the app (Android, Pixel 8). When I activate any camera livestream in the app it looks like someone put their hand over the lens and for some reason it shows 4K instead of 2K in the upper left of the video feed, however the audio still works.

The livestreams do show up through the web interface in Chrome on a Windows computer. I tried rebooting the router, rebooting the base station, pulling batteries from cameras, and none of this changed the behavior which only happened within the last few days.

Did the app recently change or something? I don't remember seeing software updates for the base station or cameras.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bww129
Guide
Guide

Tech support contacted me and said to remove all devices, reset them, and set everything back up. Not my favorite thing to do but it's the last resort. Instead of doing all of them at once I figured it was worth trying it with just one camera, and sure enough removing/resetting/reconnecting only the camera seems to have fixed the issue. Did the same with the other cameras (still had to reconfigure their settings, which is a bit annoying) and they're all functioning as they were. It sure doesn't seem like the issue was caused by the firmware on the cameras or smart hub (unless they automatically updated without me knowing) or my router and home network since nothing had changed. Is there something on the Arlo server side that could have caused this? I don't even have a subscription, just use the cameras to record locally to the SD card in the smart hub.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bww129 Is this occurring for all the devices? The image appears the same over the app and web browser? 

Can you provide a screenshot by chance?

bww129
Guide
Guide

Yes, same on all 4 cameras. The video feed looks as if you covered up the lens, just black.

I did notice that video works when my phone is on a network other than the home wifi that the base station is on. And I just realized that none of the cameras are recording video when the Arm Away is active. The routines are set up to do this and were working. Geo fencing appears to know when my phone is home versus away and it shows that in the app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@bww129 

I have escalated this for you and support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible.

bww129
Guide
Guide

Tech support contacted me and said to remove all devices, reset them, and set everything back up. Not my favorite thing to do but it's the last resort. Instead of doing all of them at once I figured it was worth trying it with just one camera, and sure enough removing/resetting/reconnecting only the camera seems to have fixed the issue. Did the same with the other cameras (still had to reconfigure their settings, which is a bit annoying) and they're all functioning as they were. It sure doesn't seem like the issue was caused by the firmware on the cameras or smart hub (unless they automatically updated without me knowing) or my router and home network since nothing had changed. Is there something on the Arlo server side that could have caused this? I don't even have a subscription, just use the cameras to record locally to the SD card in the smart hub.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation