Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Hello all,

I have a mixed setup with the following items.  I am experiencing short recordings (set to 120 sec in the armed mode for all cameras).  Also experiencing delayed or no notifications.  The notifications are coming out after the NEXT motion is detected.  So if I get a detection at 12PM then one at 1PM the rich notification and image for 12PM comout when the 1PM notification is shown on my iPhone.  There are also some instances of not recording or recordingan empty 30 second clip.  CVR on enabled Pro 4 cameras does usually show the event but I have to go back in timeline to locate it.  There is a green indicator for event in timeline.  This all started at least a month ago maybe more, don't know exactly.

I have tried rebooting the hub, moving the hub for better signal, resetting one of the Pro 4 cameras.  Issues still persist.  Hub is recording locally as well as enabled for CVR on all Pro 4 and one Pro 2 camera.  Arlo smart subscription also active.

As far as I know I have latest software for everything.  I have opened a support case and all they could say is try resetting the cameras.  I tried this on one of them and it did not work.  I'm wondering if some of their backend config is corrupted and needs to be wiped for my account.  Any more experienced help is appreciated.

3x Pro 4

• Firmware 1.080.20.1_23_d50a19d
  • Hardware H4
  • Connected to Hub

2x Pro 2 

• Firmware 1.125.17.1_11_de8490d
  • Hardware H4

VMB5000r5 hub

• Firmware 1.21.1.0_1431_9611cf3

Doorbell

• Firmware 1.2.0.0_320_401
  • Hardware 1.2

Hallway Chime

• Firmware 1.2.0.0_320.392
  • Hardware 1.2

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

did you try restarting the phone?

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

I have in the past but can again for good measure.  This should not be causing the cameras to only record 30 second clips when set to 120 seconds in mode settings.  It seems to me like some sort of back end config may be corrupted or there is something wrong with my account settings.  It’s nothing that I can impact from the user side it seems.  

I’m hoping someone has had similar issues and found a solution.  I have had various other issues with arlo throughout my 6-7 year use of the product and I’m honestly thinking of dumping it.  It has never worked consistently for me with regard to alert recording, notifications, constant video recording and even just live viewing  through different hardware iterations.  

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Probably easiest to nuke the system and start afresh.

Remove cameras then base/hubs from the account.

factory reset cameras then base/hubs.

Install again as a new installation.

Beware you may have difficulty adding devices back. May require multiple attempts.

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Well I was hoping Arlo support could come up with something better but I kind of knew like you did that they would tell me to nuke the whole thing from orbit... Now I need to find time to unmount all the cameras and try this.  If that doesn't work this system is going to be for sale soon...

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation