Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Wont register or connect

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MickW84
Follower
Follower

I have just purchased the Pro4 set and it WILL NOT connect to the hone wifi. 

If i connect through Mobile Hotspot trough my mobile phone then there is no issues at all the cameras register , connect and show the live feed.

I am connecting through a Telstra Mobile Broadband Netgear M5 router and it keeps failing.

I have been told to make sure that Port 80 and 443 are open, ive rang Telstra and they have no idea how to do it on this modem, they need an IP Address of the camera, ARLO advise the cameras dont have an IP Address so i am now at the end. 

Any help please

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MickW84 wrote:

I have been told to make sure that Port 80 and 443 are open,

Almost never needed with a home router.  If you have parental controls enabled on the router you could try disabling them.

@MickW84 wrote:

ARLO advise the cameras dont have an IP Address so i am now at the end. 

They do have a local IP address, once they connect to your home wifi.  Arlo support probably misunderstood your query.

@MickW84 wrote:

Any help please

Start by making sure the router wifi security is set to WPA2 (AES).

Also remove spaces and punctuation from both your wifi network name and its password.

If you can disable the 5 ghz radio in the router during on-boarding then do that.

If it still fails, look at the router's attached device list, and see if the Pro 4 camera is listed there.

Note you can try onboarding from a PC (browse to my.arlo.com).  That sometimes works when the phone app fails.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation