Pro 4 WMC4041P seems to have died after 18 months

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Noddy2
Initiate
Initiate

I noticed my rear camera disappeared from the App and all history in library. No charging light, tried a different lead but no indication its charging. Tried factory reset, no change. Not to happy as its cost about £180 so poor value if I cant resuscitate it. 

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you swapped batteries around to see what happens?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Noddy2 wrote:

I noticed my rear camera disappeared from the App and all history in library. 

It completely disappeared?  Or did it just show up as "off line"?

I'm asking because I recently noticed that my Pro 3 Floodlight had completely disappeared from the device list (and similarly all recordings were gone).  No idea what happened, and I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot it yet.

Noddy2
Initiate
Initiate

It has completely disappeared.  I cannot remember when I last looked at my Library for my rear camera so not sure if pictures have been wiped or perhaps its been broken for more that 30 days. I subscribe monthly for online storage. 

It would have been good to get an email to say 'your camera is offline, take necessary action' but obviously this is not included in the service so I should have been more vigilant.  It's only that I was having building work done at the rear of my property that I thought about disarming the camera to avoid loads of captures and then noticed it had disappeared from  devices. Then the lack of light and ability to charge became apparent. It was on a long external lead so I didn't need to take the battery out and charge it. Perhaps the continual charging has fried the battery. I'm buying  a spare battery to test this out.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Noddy2 wrote:

It has completely disappeared.  

As did mine.

@Noddy2 wrote:

It would have been good to get an email to say 'your camera is offline, take necessary action' 

To be clear, there is no evidence it went off line.  It somehow got removed from your account, which is very different.

I haven't gotten to looking at mine yet,  but I am thinking I will need to do a reset and then add the floodlight back to the account again.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation