Pro 4 Stopped Recording

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
Pgz232
Aspirant
Aspirant

My camera stopped recording any activity yesterday afternoon. I get no alerts and there is no new footage in my feed.

I have not changed anything. It is always armed away, and the only thing I have enabled are 2 activity zones.

I can still connect to it and get a live feed and manually record.

I have toggled it on/off a couple of times, restarted it and also restarted my phone in case it was an app issue.

What else can I do?

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

You could try a hardware reset.

• remove the camera from the account
  • open the housing and press the sync button until the camera LED flashes amber (about 15 seconds)
  • add the camera back to the account
kodpkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Do you have a service plan?  Without a paid subscription your cameras are useless.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Pgz232 do you see any message when viewing the feed?

Anditazz
Tutor
Tutor

I think we’re having the same or similar issue. But ours also started recording when it wasn’t supposed to. We have 3 cameras total, 1 is fine, 1 started recording when it shouldn’t, and the third stopped recording. None of it makes any sense. We tired restarting the devices and only the one that is fine would restart. Plus in the app this morning our automation didn’t switch from armed away to stay like it was supposed to. 

kodpkd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pgz232.   Do you have a paid subscription?

Pgz232
Aspirant
Aspirant

Didn't get the chance to try any of this -- It has magically started working again 

Pgz232
Aspirant
Aspirant

A full year -- yes, but it has magically started working again 

Pgz232
Aspirant
Aspirant

No messages but it has magically started working again 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation