Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Do I charge batteries before installing?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Sickballer34
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought the pro 4 bundle. Do I charge batteries before installing? And how do I know if they are fully charged...getting a yellow light on charger now for 3 hours ...thanks

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Not sure what you mean by a bundle - did it come with an external charging station? If so, don't forget that the 5V, 2A charger has to divide current between 2 batteries if charging 2 at a time. That will double the charging time. Since one battery will normally charge in 2.5-3 hours, you may need to wait as long as 6 hours.

You generally don't really have to charge batteries first but once the cameras are up and running, why have to pull them down for charging sooner?

Sickballer34
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yea sorry didn't give more detais. Bought the 3 camera bundle with charger and 4 batteries included. Just wasn't sure if I had to charge them first or if there was a signal on the charger that let's u know when they are fully charged. When I plugged the charger in both yellow lights are lit...thanks for responding
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Sickballer34 wrote:
Just wasn't sure if I had to charge them first

Lithium batteries are shipped with about 25%  charge (required by air freight regulations), so it is best to charge them first.

@Sickballer34 wrote:
When I plugged the charger in both yellow lights are lit...

They will turn green when the batteries are fully charged.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation