Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 Disconnecting Pro 2's?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
NZArlo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hoping someone else has run into this issue and may have some ideas. Working through support currently, but only pointing to FAQ which I tried before contacting.

For years have had 4x Pro 2's running through our base station. One succumbed to, I assume water finally and replaced it with an Arlo Pro 4.

Thought it'd be as easy as pair, set-up and away running again. But once all set, maybe 30mins-1 hour later, all Pro 2's are offline and the basestation has dropped from the devices list and error on each of the 3 remaining Pro 2's:

All cameras showing "Your Arlo device appears offline. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to the internet."

Pain in the ass as the only way to get back up and running is to reset the basestation and start as if a fresh install and set everything up once again.

Leaving the Pro 4 not setup, everything works as it should.

What I have found though, is I can safely have the new Arlo Pro 4 watching the driveway from first floor, and my garage on ground floor camera (Arlo Pro 2) won't drop. As soon as I add the 2 others on our deck to watch over the yard (2x Arlo Pro 2's) which are closest to the Pro 4, 30mins-1hr later, all Pro 2's and base station drop.

Essentially as soon as the Pro 4 is added into the mix, things start dropping off, but strangely also the base station.

Feels to me like something within the Pro 4 is interfering? Any bright ideas or solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No bright ideas but you could try connecting the Pro 4 to your WiFi rather than the base.

NZArlo22
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Currently have it setup via WiFi and sadly still creates the same issue. I thought the same and was really hoping it would do the trick.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@NZArlo22 wrote:

What I have found though, is I can safely have the new Arlo Pro 4 watching the driveway from first floor, and my garage on ground floor camera (Arlo Pro 2) won't drop. As soon as I add the 2 others on our deck to watch over the yard (2x Arlo Pro 2's) which are closest to the Pro 4, 30mins-1hr later, all Pro 2's and base station drop.

Essentially as soon as the Pro 4 is added into the mix, things start dropping off, but strangely also the base station.

What model router do you have?

How many devices are connected to it?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation