Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 - Cannot add cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
darrenwoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just got my Pro 4 (4 set) today and was really excited to set it up.

Installed the app, signed up for an account and followed instructions.

However, I cannot seem to add any cameras. I get them to chime when scanning the QR code and I get to the screen where it says "Looking for your Arlo device" with the spinning radar wheel. It then does that for a long time and the blue flashing light stops very early in the process. It eventually says it can't be discovered.

Some details

- I use a TP-Link Deco Mesh router. It runs 2.4 / 5 Ghz on the same SSID

- I'm certain I've entered the SSID and password correctly

- On my TP-Link router app, I can actually see that all 4 cameras are on the network but not downloading or uploading any data.

- I've tried this on my desktop as well. At one stage, I managed to add one. It said to type in a camera name for the camera blinking blue. None of the cameras were blinking but I gave it a name anyway. On the screen after that, it said the camera was offline.

- My mesh wifi runs off my NBN modem/router. The wifi on this modem/router is normally off. I turned it back on since I knew it had a dedicated 2.4 GHz SSID. I connected my phone to this network and carried out all the steps again and it reacted no differently to when it was on my mesh wifi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
darrenwoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

So sorry everyone, I've worked it out. I think it had something to do with my VPN. I turned my VPN off and even then I needed to try it 2-3 more times before the first camera got added and then the others were added without issue.

Thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are there unusual characters or punctuation in the SSID or password?

darrenwoon
Aspirant
Aspirant

So sorry everyone, I've worked it out. I think it had something to do with my VPN. I turned my VPN off and even then I needed to try it 2-3 more times before the first camera got added and then the others were added without issue.

Thanks and sorry for the false alarm.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation