Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Pro 4 Camera System - Battery & Charging indicators are greyed out viewing from Windows Computer

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
P-J
Tutor
Tutor

I have owned this camera system for two months now, purchased through Costco. The battery and charging indicators used to work while viewing through my windows computer. For the last week or two, all these indicators remain greyed out, revealing no status. These indicators do appear to work through my iPhone. 

This system appears to be very quirky. I want to like my purchase and bought this system intending to keep it, but I must decide whether to keep it or return it in the next thirty days.

In reviewing what help one can get to support, I see many owners having similar issues, which I have also experienced.

I Hope Arlo can get this problem figured out as my time is running out.

*** VMB4540 Pro 4 Camera System is not an option within Model Recommended, which is what I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
P-J
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the link. Two of my batteries are "Battery or Charger Status Unavailable," but both show 100% when I hover the mouse over the battery. The third camera shows "Battery Charging." When I hover over the battery, it says 85%. This third camera started this morning at 83%.

I am happy as long as the greyed-out cameras start charging once they hit 76%.

This charging scenario did change since I purchased this system originally two months ago.

Thanks again!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you cleared the browser cache as well as tried a different browser?

P-J
Tutor
Tutor

I have cleared the browser cache. In fact, since receiving your reply cleared the browser cache again with no success. I have loaded my Arlo cameras using Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer. I have tried using Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10.

Thanks for your suggestion.

P-J
Tutor
Tutor

Update to my complaint. It appears after monitoring my complaint for the past seven or so days that the battery and charging symbols do change from being greyed out to green or red colors indicating different charging statuses while viewing on a windows computer using the chrome browser primarily.

I will keep an eye on this, but if this is the new norm and is consistent, I will be happy with my purchase.

dcfox1
Master
Master

Arlo did change the icon colors a month or 2 ago. Here is the new info on them if it helps. It does say when greyed out as your original post means "status is unavailable". Also the new red icon. 

What do my Arlo camera's battery level icons and notifications mean?

P-J
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for the link. Two of my batteries are "Battery or Charger Status Unavailable," but both show 100% when I hover the mouse over the battery. The third camera shows "Battery Charging." When I hover over the battery, it says 85%. This third camera started this morning at 83%.

I am happy as long as the greyed-out cameras start charging once they hit 76%.

This charging scenario did change since I purchased this system originally two months ago.

Thanks again!

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation