Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4 CVR Causing Delayed Notifications and Video in Library

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Hello All,

I am having an issue where Pro 4 cameras are not properly producing notifications and saving videos in the library only after adding them to a constant video recording (CVR) subscription.  Several things are happening only after adding them to CVR.  This is a mixed system with Pro 2 cameras but they are not setup for CVR.  I also have all cameras on an Arlo Secure subscription.  The following issues are happening after enabling CVR for 3x Pro 4 cameras.

1. Notifications display the image/animation for the previous event
  2. New video clips added to the library are for the previous event
  3. Notifications and videos for the current event cannot be seen until a subsequent event is detected
  4. Video clips are not recording according to settings of fixed 120 seconds.  They record for 30 seconds.
  5. Full factory reset of the entire system (hub, all cameras, doorbell, chime) and re-adding has no impact

All hardware is running the latest firmware.  The system has been fully factory reset and rebuilt from scratch and subscriptions re-added.  The system is made up of the following.

1. Hub VMB5000r5
  2. 3x Pro 4 cameras
  3. 2x Pro 2 cameras
  4. Basic doorbell
  5. Hallway chime

System has been reset multiple times.  Problems started sometime in Q4.  Nothing else has changed in my home network.  I have verified for 5+ days that everything works as expected until CVR is added back to Pro 4 cameras.  This has also been verified multiple times.  I am running latest everything as far as Arlo app, iOS on my iPhone 15 Pro, Arlo firmware, etc.  Internet service is 1Gbps FIOS (measured around 800Mbps).  Hub is hard wired to a network switch with the rest of my home network and APs.  Switch is hardwired to FIOS router.  Again everything worked fine for some time until recently.

Arlo support has not been helpful.  All they keep asking is the reset the system and tell them my internet provider, router model and internet speeds.  I have provided all info multiple times and keep getting asked the same questions.  I have even given them my own troubleshooting to narrow it down to CVR causing the issues.  No effective suggestions for many weeks.  Also every time I factory reset a camera to troubleshoot and remove it from the system, it gets removed from CVR and I am incurring some small charges (maybe the tax or some difference being calculated) to add them back.  This has happened multiple times as well.  Arlo is about to lose a customer...

15 REPLIES 15
Niceandoutdoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve had numerous problems with my pro 4 cameras. Arlo cameras are junk. I’m going to make sure other people don’t make the same mistake I did when I bought mine. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI @jayhova1 

Thank you for the detailed information and providing this feedback. I have notified the team and Jeff will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. You should be receiving an email shortly!

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hey @Niceandoutdoor 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing and I will do my best to assist. 

Thanks,

Shayne

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Hello I received an initial email to arrange a time to have a call.  Then went silent and no response.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jayhova1 Thanks for the update. I am contacting him now. I will report back soon. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jayhova1 It appears support is waiting to see if the proposed time/day is okay to schedule. You should have received the email.

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

I emailed Jeff directly several times with no response.  He finally did get back to me after you mentioned he'd reach out.  Hopefully we can figure out a time.  Thanks.

Niceandoutdoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok I’m on mountain time so whenever it works out for you I will make the time if you tell me when you can call 

jayhova1
Guide
Guide

Hi Shayne,

Can someone please follow up on this case for me.  It has now been a month since I spoke to someone regarding these problems.  I still do not have a properly functioning system and no updates after multiple emails to my support contact.  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@jayhova1 Thanks for the info, The Arlo development team is currently investigating reports of this behavior. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

JJDH
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was this ever fixed?  I have the same issue on my floodlight 3 cam which is connected via smart hub.  Alerts worked fine until I activated cvr.  Now alerts are 15 to 30 minutes delayed.  No gaps on the cvr so doesn't appear to be signal (which tech support previously confirmed is good). I have a non cvr pro 4 next to the floodlight and it has no issues.  

Have paid extra for cvr only to lose alerts, so really need some solution here.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@JJDH 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to the Profile icon > Support Center > Select device > contact

Niceandoutdoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I haven’t heard from anyone. I called tech support they don’t know anything about it. Sometimes my pro 4 s work great and sometimes won’t even detect at all. I’ve tried everything I can do and it doesn’t help. I’ve had some go completely off the app and had to re add them. Tech support has no explanation for that either. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Niceandoutdoor

Are you using solar panels with the cameras that disappeared from the Arlo app?

Niceandoutdoor
Aspirant
Aspirant

No I have them on chargers and they stay at 100 percent. I have 20 mpg s of speed. I’m switching to fiber optic service and raising my speed. Do you think raising the speed would help ?

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation