Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Port Forwarding VMB4540. Getting "Unable to connect to router".

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Lordoftheshire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi All,

So I have read pages and pages on the forum and tried everything (I think) and I still cannot get port forwarding to work.

I can access recordings locally stored on my USB when my iPhone is connected to the WiFi but when I am away from the WiFI network and turn on port forwarding the status just keeps saying 'Getting Status' and if I click on the '!' it says 'Unable to connect to router'. No ports are blocked and I have enabled port forwarding on my router and ISP and matched the internal and external ports. Protocol is set as TCP. My router is a Deco M5. I've tried cycling.

Any help muchly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lordoftheshire wrote:

No ports are blocked and I have enabled port forwarding on my router and ISP and matched the internal and external ports. Protocol is set as TCP. 

Try setting protocol to "both" (or just try UDP if the router doesn't have that setting).

I'm not sure which protocol(s) are used.

Lordoftheshire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks but unfortunately still no luck.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Lordoftheshire wrote:

Thanks but unfortunately still no luck

Maybe check that the port is actually open with https://portchecker.co/

Also double-check that you are forwarding to the Arlo base station's IP address.  (if you haven't reserved that IP address, then you should - otherwise it can change when the base is restarted).

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation