One Arlo pro 4 camera keeps going offline

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Vcat
Tutor
Tutor

I have 3 pro 4 cameras. They were all working great the first year. Now I keep having issues, one in particular goes offline frequently.  After I take it down, remove battery, etc., it will work again.  But my question is why does it keep happening- there’s no internet interference, etc.  it’s problematic because we live hours away from this property. When the camera is offline, can I fix it remotely?

help please.  

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Vcat wrote:

I have 3 pro 4 cameras. They were all working great the first year. Now I keep having issues, one in particular goes offline frequently.

Try swapping the problem camera with one of the others.  Then see if the problem moves with the camera, or stays at the location.

Vcat
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Stephen.  I already tried that and replaced a camera that seemed to have the same issue in that location.  I have 2 cameras up because of that.  It seems odd I'd have another camera be defective.

I also made sure the battery was fully charged so it's not that.  The camera giving me the issue is outside a window probably less than 10 feet from the Arlo base.

lastname
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same problem with a few cameras. I have factory reset all, added them back to the app. They work for a little while, and then they go offline. Super frustrating

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Vcat 

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@lastname 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Vcat
Tutor
Tutor

I did ALL the steps listed in Arlo’s troubleshooting tips.  However we live 3 hours away from the home I have the cameras at so it’s super frustrating that I can’t depend on them to work. When we were there last week, I switched cameras, totally charged batteries. It worked fine for about 3 days, then went offline, AGAIN.   

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Vcat

Because you are remote, I would suggest contacting the support team when you are with the cameras for further trouble shooting. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation