Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Notifications randomly turning off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
tayytripp
Aspirant
Aspirant

My notifications randomly keep turning off and it is pretty frustrating.  I have to unpair the device and repair it every time in order to get notifications only for them to turn off for no reason later on.  How can I fix this? My cameras are in tough to reach areas and its ridiculous that I have to keep removing them from their position, unpairing them, repairing them, and then remounting.  Thanks for any help.  

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@tayytripp wrote:

My notifications randomly keep turning off and it is pretty frustrating. 

Are the cameras going off-line?

Are you still getting recordings (and just missing notifications).  Or are the recordings stopping too?

tabbrown88
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue. My camera has not went offline. It sent me a notification this morning and then this afternoon i looked, and i have several recordings but did not receive a notification.

tayytripp
Aspirant
Aspirant
It’s a possibility they could go off. I am
Not positive. But no, it stops the recording and notifications.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

A recent Arlo cloud release (automatic update) should have addressed the push notification issue that many users have been experiencing. Please let us know if you're still experiencing an issue receiving push notifications.

JamesC

tayytripp
Aspirant
Aspirant
Negative. I just unpaired the camera. And then repaired. I’m still not getting notifications from this camera but I get them on others. It’s starting to be extensive issues at this point.
tayytripp
Aspirant
Aspirant
To add onto this. I pay for the monthly subscription service as well. I don’t understand why this specific camera will not work.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Given the troubleshooting steps you've already exhausted, I encourage you to reach out to the support team through the Arlo mobile app and open a ticket on this issue.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation