Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Non motion detection

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Bro4gas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have 2 Arlo pro 4 cameras. One is set as a motion detection device at an entry way to the property.  I would like to use the second camera without motion detection and turn it on and off remotely to look at another property area from time to time.  I cannot seem to find that set up.  Thanks for any help you can sugest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bro4gas wrote:

I have 2 Arlo pro 4 cameras. One is set as a motion detection device at an entry way to the property.  I would like to use the second camera without motion detection and turn it on and off remotely to look at another property area from time to time.  I cannot seem to find that set up.  Thanks for any help you can sugest

If the cameras are directly connected to your home wifi, then just go into "mode", select the camera you want to just livestream and disarm it.

If the cameras are connected to a smarthub, then create a custom mode that only arms the camera you want to use motion detection (with no rule for the other camera).

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Bro4gas wrote:

If the cameras are directly connected to your home wifi, then just go into "mode", select the camera you want to just livestream and disarm it.

If the cameras are connected to a smarthub, then create a custom mode that only arms the camera you want to use motion detection (with no rule for the other camera).

Bro4gas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you Guru, that was a big help

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation