Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No order number

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Angelag95
Aspirant
Aspirant
I ordered 5 Arlo Pro4 cameras but received an error message saying something went wrong with my order processing. I got charged on my account for the cameras but never received an order number. I tried using the live chat but couldn't get a live agent because I don't have a subscription (because I don't have the cameras yet). I tried calling the customer service number and of course that phone line isn't in use anymore and they want you to do everything through the app. No contact for email either. So who am I supposed to get in touch with?? The phone number in New Zealand?? So now my account is charged $920+ and there's no one I can get in touch with to get an order number; which means I can't track it and also can't get any customer service assistance. I haven't even received my order and I am disappointed and frustrated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelag95,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelag95,

I've escalated the information you've provided here, I will provide you with a status update as soon as I know more.

JamesC

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelag95,

It appears we are not currently able to ship cameras to New Zealand and this why your order was not processed. The charges you currently see on your credit card are authorization charges and will disappear after 2-3 days due to the order being declined.

If you do not see the charges removed after 2-3 business days, please reach out to me again and I will escalate further.

JamesC

Angelag95
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't live in New Zealand. I live in the US. I ordered it though the US site.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Angelag95,

I will reach out to you in a private message to gather more information.

JamesC

Angelag95
Aspirant
Aspirant
So, the problem was resolved and I did have my money refunded after I was in contact with a higher-up.
However-
It's really disappointing that there's no way to talk to a real person in customer service without already having a product. I wanted to order these (5) cameras because they're the best on the market and overall convenient in every other aspect; the app seemed super easy to use. Now that I know customer service is an absolute dud between my experience and reading the experience of others, I'm wary to try to reorder them through Arlo or anywhere else.
I also still don't understand why they thought I was in New Zealand when I posted about this in the US site, and don't understand why my order wasn't processed correctly or couldn't be re-processed.
Just a little before-you-buy (invest, these cameras aren't cheap).
Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation