Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot install newly purchased Arlo Pro 4 on Google Mesh Network

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
rmsnv
Follower
Follower

Just purchased my first Arlo and already ready to send it back. This device will not connect to my Wifi network as I am on Google Mesh. I can get it to recognize the QR code and chime but it never connects... have tried multiple times. CANNOT BELIEVE you cannot get a support person on a phone nor any chat support as it says I am not supported! I can get support until I can connect the camera but I cannot connect the camera without support. Please advise as to the proper course of action since you have absolutely **bleep**E support on anything related to this. I cannot believe you can only connect your cameras via 2.4G. How do I get support on this? Or do we just return it?!!!!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rmsnv wrote:

Just purchased my first Arlo and already ready to send it back. This device will not connect to my Wifi network as I am on Google Mesh. I can get it to recognize the QR code and chime but it never connects... have tried multiple times.

I cannot believe you can only connect your cameras via 2.4G.

Does your network name have any unusual characters?  

If you are on-boarding it with the mobile app, then try again in a PC browser using my.arlo.com.  Often that works.  Also keep in mind that the network name and passphrase are both case sensitive.

Despite the caveats in the on-boarding instructions, in almost all cases there is no problem on-boarding with dual-band or tri-band home networks that use the same network name/passphrase.   My own home network is an Orbi mesh, and I haven't had any issues (I just ignore the 2.4G warnings).  But there are a few cases where it is an issue.

As far as 2.4G goes, it has more range than 5G, and in most deployments it's the best band to use for this application.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation