Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
j3001
Tutor
Tutor

I got a Pro 4 camera package with a base station. 

As I'm testing it out, I notice that there seems to be a long delay between when something happens, and when it shows up on my "live" view. It seems to average about 20 seconds. Sometimes it's as little as 3 or 4 seconds, sometimes as much as 58 seconds. I have a pretty new and fast Verizon router.  I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is normal for these cameras or not. 

Thanks in advance for any feedback. 

8 REPLIES 8
j3001
Tutor
Tutor

As I've been setting up my new Arlo system, I've had some questions and/or issues and had hoped to find help here. I have noticed a lot of posts by people who've said that Arlo's Customer Service is lacking. While I haven't called yet, that fact plus their Live Chat that isn't live, have given me pause. Going forward, as questions or problems arise, what is the best way to get them resolved? Thanks in advance.

dcfox1
Master
Master

You can start here with fellow users before going to support if no one can help you here. It won't be instant here though. Also reading the FAQ pinned at the top of this thread answers a lot of questions. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Delay in live viewing after a recording is automatically initiated may be due to the recording still happening. I'm not sure what happens if you happen to try to live view during a recording - it seems like it would either need to wait for the recording to finish or it would terminate the recording. Testing would tell.

How long is the recording time set to in your modes and rules? WHat is the delay if you just live view on your own rather than when a recording is happening?

j3001
Tutor
Tutor

As I was coming on here to close the loop on some questions I'd posted, I somehow ended up on a different page that was a survey asking for my opinion on the Community page. I'd already experienced some quirky things with the website, and this was no exception. After I posted a detailed comment about my disappointment and pressed submit, it took me to another, unrelated page that indicated that my post did not go through.

So, here, then is what I posted there, which will also serve to close the loop on my Arlo experience:

Prior to purchasing my Arlo 4 system yesterday, I'd already seen some red flags and had hesitated in jumping in. However, I finally bit the bullet and spent nearly $1,000 on several pieces. When I started setting it up, I was disappointed to find scant and incomplete info on how to set it up, what to expect from the cameras, etc. When I came on to the community, I saw that a LOT of people were having problems, many of them with unanswered help requests from customer support. This gave me pause. I was already aware that the company's stock price was way down, but had hoped that things would turn around and I'd ultimately be happy with my purchase. However, the more I read of people's experiences, both on your community page, and elsewhere online, the more concerned I became. Ultimately, I returned everything. I hope ARLO turns around. I hope they improve the Customer Service experience and that they take care of, and are responsive to, customers' needs. I love the name - ARLO. But I just felt like I was going down a black hole and had to get out. Nonetheless, I wish you well.

dcfox1
Master
Master

So you returned it after 1 day? Yes some people have had problems and some solved here but a small percentage of Units sold. I have had a pro3 for a while with no problems that a reboot didn't fix. So you should have perhaps gave them more then a day. 

Edit: Just saw your other posts have been combined here. 

ArloHater1000
Initiate
Initiate
You probably did the right thing by returning your cameras. By the time I considered returning mine, the return period had passed. My issue was resolved but I didn't know it was resolved until a checked my checking account 3 months after I opened the case. My issue was over the fact that I couldn't change my subscription payment from credit card to my bank card, because I bought extra cameras and accessories on the Arlo website and I guess opted for them to keep my payment info.

Anywho, I'm happy with my purchase now. Hopefully nothing comes up because I feel that 3 people total work for Arlo. That's how hard it is to get any answers.
j3001
Tutor
Tutor

" I feel that 3 people total work for Arlo. That's how hard it is to get any answers."

And this, more than anything, was the reason I bailed. I have questions, I had some minor issues, but when I saw the number of people complaining that they couldn't get any help from customer support, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I hope they hire more staff and get it together, but I just didn't have the time or patience to try to muddle through this thing on my own. Good luck with yours. I hope it works out for you.

Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

You have to remember these pages represent a tiny percent of owners, most are more than happy with the devices, forums rarely have posts going "all is great thanks"  They are full of people either with issues, or people making user issues, or maybe hardware ones. Out of the millions of cameras sold most never encounter problems. This is the nature of online forums you will see posts like that on any router forum, or TV forum etc too.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation