Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Recently added about a pro 4. Two things are happening, 1:) is not recording and motion detected videos 2:) even if it did is stating it’s using the cloud. How can I remove this 3 month trial and just have it saved locally like all the others?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Solved it. Had to log into my Arlo web account and cancel the trial. Now it captures a video on movement.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:
How can I remove this 3 month trial and just have it saved locally like all the others?

What other cameras do you have?  If you have pro/pro2 cameras with an older base (VMB4500 or earlier), then the videos you are seeing in the app and browser are in fact in the cloud. 

Even if you have local storage installed on those bases, the only way to review the footage is to eject the USB drive, and connect it to a PC for viewing.

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:
 1:) is not recording and motion detected videos 
  1. Can you make a manual recording while livestreaming the camera?
  2. Have you tried the motion detection test? ( https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera )
  3. Are you seeing motion notifications?
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
I have a vmb4540r2 base with 4 other Pro 4 cameras. I did try the motion test and it worked. I have it set for a scheduled armed mode. Everything works except the new camera. I have another camera that overlaps the field of the new one and it gets triggered when something is in the new camera field, but not the new one.
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Also, I can take a manual video.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:
I have a vmb4540r2 base with 4 other Pro 4 cameras. I did try the motion test and it worked. I have it set for a scheduled armed mode. Everything works except the new camera. I have another camera that overlaps the field of the new one and it gets triggered when something is in the new camera field, but not the new one.

How far away is the moving object from the new camera?

When you walk in front of the camera (in the same spot where you did the motion detection test), are you getting a notification and a recording?

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide

I just walked from right under the new camera out in front of it to about 50’. My other camera fired off a capture, but not the new one. It’s like it’s not part of the mode or something. This is the same walk I did for the motion test.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:

I just walked from right under the new camera out in front of it to about 50’.

Best to walk across the field of view, no more than 20 feet from the camera.

But I think I'd try removing/reinserting the battery next.  If that doesn't help, try swapping the new camera with one of the older ones, and see if the problem moves with the camera or not.

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:

It’s like it’s not part of the mode or something.

I've been assuming that you've already double-checked that it is.

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
It is not part of the smart hub. Even the manual videos I did earlier have to be accessed through the Cloud only.
Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide

There’s no way for me to add it to the hub? I want to remove it from the cloud and just use it locally.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Wegentryjr1 wrote:
It is not part of the smart hub. Even the manual videos I did earlier have to be accessed through the Cloud only.

The pro 4 can be added to your smarthub.

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide

Just removed and installed it the same way I did initially. It still shows up under “Cloud” instead of “SmartHub”. Did the test again, no worky.

Wegentryjr1
Guide
Guide
Solved it. Had to log into my Arlo web account and cancel the trial. Now it captures a video on movement.
Discussion stats
  • 11 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation