Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Pro 4 cams installed show offline in browsers but ok in IOS App, also Pro 4cam will not update.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
jtsharp
Guide
Guide

Having a frustrating issue with my arlo setup of 11 Pro 4 cameras synced to a VMB 4000 Smart Hub. I have been running a dozen Pro 2 cameras through this hub and my existing network for 5 years with no problems. I purchased 12 new pro 4 cameras and was able to charge and sync as well as update firmware on 11 of the 12 cameras. The 12th camera will not update firmware ( having used two different fully charged batteries , with charging cord attached , removed and resented several times, rebooted hub etc...)  11 cams work fine , 1 cam will not update , says camera issue to me - not to support. Then this morning I tried to access the devices on my web browser ( Safari)/ All devices showed as offline. On my iOS app on my phone all cameras were active and working as expected. Turning off the cell connection , using only my network the cameras still work fine on IOS app. I used Chrome browser to access but here too all cameras show offline. Have cleared cache and cookies in both browsers , closed browsers, restarted the laptop I use. Nothing changes. I've sent screenshots of the IOS app and also from both browser to support because they apparently do not trust my input. I have gotten nothing back from support though they keep questioning my network. If 11 of 12 cameras all worked fine and the 12 Pro 2 cameras all worked fine , highly unlikely this is a network issue on my end. If y phone can access all the cams through the pp using only the same network that seems to validate the network, yes? SO I am stuck here with little to no guidance from support. Any avenues to pursue from the support community? Input is appreciated . thanks a lot   jt

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you connecting all 12 Pro 4 cameras to the VMB4000 base?

If so,

• Did you remove the 12 Pro 2 cameras?  Or are you trying to connect all 24 cameras?
  • Does anything change if you connect some of the Pro 4 cameras to your home wifi?

jtsharp
Guide
Guide

I removed all but one of the pro 2's . That one pro 2 is replacing the pro 4 that will not update firmware. I have not connected cams directly since they all went synced up to the hub and worked fine initially that way as did all my pro 2's.  Thanks 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I am wondering if you are overloading the base (the newer cameras might require a bit more resources). 

Maybe try connecting the last camera directly to your home wifi, and see if that behaves differently.

jtsharp
Guide
Guide

Thanks for the thought will look into that , but if that is the case why do  the cameras still show upon IOS app, since they''re still synced to that same hub?. If that is the case would a newer hub resolve likely ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jtsharp wrote:

If that is the case would a newer hub resolve likely ?

12 cameras are a lot to connect to a single hub.  I have 6 connected, but haven't gone over that.  There are likely are other folks here who've connected more, hopefully they will chime in with their experience.

waltpilot
Aspirant
Aspirant

Having offline problems as well, cookie cutter support and not very timely. My network is fast and reliable for 14 other devices. Cameras worked for the trial period, and mysteriously went offline shortly after.

jtsharp
Guide
Guide

My saga continues. Have been in communication with support for close to three weeks where different techs continue to ask me to try things I have already tried multiple times ( without success) and communicated such, this related to a single camera not updating firmware , thus unusable. Have not heard back from support for weeks regarding issue of cameras showing offline on web browser but working fine in IOS app, that situation persists.  I did follow up from a suggestion here on the forum and purchased a 4540 hub to add to the system in order to possibly reduce the number of cameras per hub or alternatively replace the VMB 4000 that has been working fine until I replaced Pro 2 cams with Pro 4's.  The newest issue is that the new hub will cannot be added, the app doesn't find it. I have plugged it into a separate Cat5 jack, it shows on my eero router as active on the network but cannot be added via the app. I plug it in  ( cat 5 first followed by power ) I get a solid amber led , followed by a solid blue led and ultimately a flashing amber led. I have 26mbs download and 6 mbs upload and network operates fine with ay other devices,   Any thoughts or wisdom appreciated,   thx

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you reset the new hub by holding the reset button for >15 seconds until the LED starts flashing?

jtsharp
Guide
Guide

jguerdat,  Thanks for the response. Yes I did reset the hub by depressing the reset button for 15 seconds. The led flashed amber and bud alternating momentarily , followed by solid amber, then solid blue , then flashing amber. This is the same behavior I've gotten in power recycling the hub multiple times.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation