Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New Arlo Pro 4 storage options

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
Griix
Follower
Follower

Model VMC4350P-100NAS (Arlo pro 4)

I currently own the Arlo ultra camera system.  what are the storage options for the Arlo pro 4?  can I purchase a subscription that allows real time recording?  Is there any local storage options?  No hub makes these cameras super convenient, and I’m think my wifi will extend farther than my Arlo hub signal.  The defining factor between this model (No base hub) and the Arlo Ultra 2 is the data storage capabilities.  Theft and vandalism is prevalent where I live and your verbal testimony will not serve you well.  Crooks are adaptive to technology and measure their distance from the camera to avoid detection via motion.  24h surveillance is what I need.

6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Griix,

Arlo Pro 4 can be synced to either a Base Station/SmartHub or directly to your home network. For local storage or CVR (Continuous Video Recoding) however, Pro 4 will need to be synced to a compatible Base Station/SmartHub to utilize these features.

JamesC

gwar9999
Guide
Guide

Which Smart-Hub and Base Stations are compatible with the Arlo 4?  

According to this article, Arlo 4 isn't listed anywhere:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062284/What-is-the-difference-between-each-Arlo-SmartHub-and-base-station

Thanks!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe any base station starting with the VMB4000 is compatible. I would recommend at least the VMB4540.

gwar9999
Guide
Guide

Is the  VMB4540-100NAS discontinued?  Every time I've checked it's been out-of-stock.  I'm sure I can find it from a 3rd party reseller but don't want to invest in it if it's being deprecated.  If there's going to be an updated version or replacement I'd certainly wait for it.  Anybody have some info on it?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

gwar9999,

The VMB4540 has not been discontinued. Keep an eye on arlo.com for availability updates.

JamesC

gwar9999
Guide
Guide

Great, thanks for the info!

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation