Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
halfmoon83
Tutor
Tutor

I am so fed up with the new Arlo App software package I wish we had the old App back!

I am trying to work out how to be able to manually disarm a camera (as you could do with the old App software) and cannot see.

For instance, I'm trying to set up two home modes (one for night and one for day). the options "Always Enabled" says

Always Enabled.  By default Automations will be Always be enabled when you any Mode. All other automations will be disabled when entering this mode.

What does this mean?

This new App is so difficult to understand

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

These options are not documented and I haven't found a way to use them. I leave them at default settings.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@halfmoon83 wrote:

Always Enabled.  By default Automations will be Always be enabled when you any Mode. All other automations will be disabled when entering this mode.

What does this mean?

If you set up the automation to only be enabled in Arm Home (for example), then the Automation will only trigger if the system is currently in that mode.

For example, if you set up a schedule with automations that were only enabled in Arm Home and Standby, then the schedule would stop working when you set the system to Arm Away.   The system would stay in Arm Away mode 24/7 until you manually changed it to Arm Home or Standby.

As @jguerdat says, it isn't clear whether all these options currently work properly or not.  So if you choose not to use "always enabled", you should be careful to test your automations to make sure they do what you expect.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation