Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mounting Arlo Pro 4 on a square, metal light pole

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Syversen
Follower
Follower

I'm trying to mount an Arlo Pro 4 on a 12" diameter tennis court metal light pole. I can't screw into it, and none of the existing after market accessories seem capable of going around a square pole that's 12" in total diameter (3" per side).

I tried calling Home Depot and sat on hold for 10 minutes before the attendant suggested giving up and trying again some other time. Scrolled Amazon and Google for a while and didn't see anything. This seems like a solvable problem but I'm not seeing the solution, figured I'd ask the smart folks on here!

Help!

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Syversen wrote:

I'm trying to mount an Arlo Pro 4 on a 12" diameter tennis court metal light pole. I can't screw into it, and none of the existing after market accessories seem capable of going around a square pole that's 12" in total diameter (3" per side).

Maybe something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Mounting-Bracket-Essential-Koroao/dp/B08L7DWWJN

The largest strap should be about 24" (7.87" diameter), so it should be long enough.  

mount.png

You will need to bring it down to charge it.  Also, the PIR sensor range is about 20-25".

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation