Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion and audio alert despite setting

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation
HaroldHabets
Follower
Follower

I do receive alerts about motion and audio despite the fact that I have turned this setting off. It worked fine for a couple of months now, but suddenly I get  alerts. I tried everything in the settings without luck. Anyone an idea?

15 REPLIES 15
Phynal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Happens to me too, on only one of three cameras attached to a base station. (It is one of two cameras disarmed during the day - the other works fine.)

Seems to be since the latest firmware update. Need a fix soon.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is it safe to assume that the rules for the cameras in the various modes do not have notifications enabled? Are you talking about normal notifications or the Smart ones?

You may want to remove a camera and reinstall it to see if that helps.

etapiok
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yesterday morning, one camera updated itself to firmware version 1.080.19.1_34_db73aea. 3 other cameras are still on version 1.080.19.0_21_06ff9de and according to the app no updates are available.

The camera that received the firmware update now records and alerts even when the cameras are in disarmed_mode. We had to take it off for the time being.

Before that update everything has been working great.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Having the same problem, cameras still records (detects sound/movement) in deactivated mode. Had to take the Base station out of service since there is no way to stop recordings. Please fix!

Phynal
Aspirant
Aspirant

Removing and adding the camera back seems to have worked for me. Will update if issue returns 

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Same here, removig and then adding the cameras seem to have solved the problem (the basestation was forced to do a firmware update during the process of the cameras). 

The guess is that there is a kind of a miss-synced sw problem between the cameras and basestation.

Update: The problem is back 1 hr after "it was fixed..."

BIGD2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

My cameras are activating even when they're not on a scheduled mode.

So if I have my garage cameras turned on my living room and hallway cameras aren't even on that mode but they are still activating. Tried everything to fix this problem nothing is working. It's not one problem with this system it's another.

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have this exact same problem since about two-three weeks ago.

I have a self made night mode where only outside cameras are activated and two inside cameras are not activated but those inside cameras record sometimes/daily a 10 second clip from a sound or for seeing a person. This really, really frustrating since obviously we are moving around the house even hough outside cameras should only be activated.

I got this briefly fixed. Nothing else helped (camera restart, base station restart, camera reset, etc.) until I made a whole system reset. So I removed everything and started from scratch. This was of course a frustrating and a lengthy process for a 7 camera setup. Everything worked OK for a week until by mistake had one of the two inside cameras record a person due to wrong mode activated and the problem started again, this was a few days ago. I just came to the forum to post this.

BIGD2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes I was thinking of rebuilding my entire system but this is absolutely ridiculous.

Just curious what kind of phone are you using? I have a Samsung s22 Ultra. I have updated my app I've also looked for updates for the camera or base station and there's nothing available.

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have an iPhone and my wife as well, different ID's in two phones. She has user rights. No difference.

If I remember correctly, this started about the same time as there was an app update the last time - maybe two-three weeks ago or so. There was an app update yesterday but helped nothing. 

BIGD2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

Okay thanks I thought maybe it might have something to do with the phone and the updated app getting corrupted.

Something tells me we're not the only one. Later on today I will try deleting the app from my phone and read downloading.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are we still experiencing this issue? 

BIGD2001
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of yesterday I resolved the issue I rebuilt the entire system from scratch not a fun way to spend your Sunday. I started by factory resetting the base station, which updated it's firmware I tried to update the firmware before reset and it would not do it it says there was no update available. Then of course I had to add all the cameras. And all of them had updates to their firmware which I tried to do before. Either way almost 3 hours of my day. Everything seems to be working now.

JzCastle
Aspirant
Aspirant

At least I am still having this issue.

Latest recording and notifications this morning local time (2 hours ago).

I get a notification of a sound alert and then both my inactive cameras record and then I obviously get a person notification also after that.

Yesterday evening I activated my night mode (inside cameras not active) and did not get a notification. But again first thing in the morning when we woke up the cameras started recording from the first sounds in their area. It does however seem to be noise activated. If there is silent movement only it does not seem to trigger the camers, only when there is a a bit louder sounds. Sometimes it is a 10 second clip only but then again this morning one of the cameras recorded 5 minutes. Funny thing is that in these odd cases I do not get a email notification (even though it is normally on).

If all my modes are inactivated then I do not get any recordings, only if and when one of the modes is activated - from camers which are not activated in that mode.

carsoncat
Apprentice
Apprentice

After the update I have at least one Pro 3 camera that is set for motion alert only.  Not set for audio alert. It always recorded audio if the motion caused a recording.  Audio is no longer recording with the video recording.

Discussion stats
  • 15 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 9 In Conversation