Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Sensitivity

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Motogopher
Tutor
Tutor

I want an example of what the slider is actually controlling for the motion sensitivity. Given an example scenario, what would happen with a setting of 80 vs a setting of 20? That would allow me to make an intelligent adjustment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Motogopher wrote:

I want an example of what the slider is actually controlling for the motion sensitivity. Given an example scenario, what would happen with a setting of 80 vs a setting of 20? That would allow me to make an intelligent adjustment.

It is just a threshold for the passive infrared (PIR) sensor for the camera.  Higher values make it trigger more easily than lower values.

The way to set it intelligently is to use the motion detection test, while moving in the area you want to camera to cover.  Find the lowest threshold that detects your movement reliably, and make sure the camera rule is set to at least that value.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Motogopher wrote:

It is just a threshold for the passive infrared (PIR) sensor for the camera.  Higher values make it trigger more easily than lower values.

The way to set it intelligently is to use the motion detection test, while moving in the area you want to camera to cover.  Find the lowest threshold that detects your movement reliably, and make sure the camera rule is set to at least that value.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation