Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Motion Detection Turns Off

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
emarshall933
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Every night on my Pro 4 and Essential XL cameras motion detection turns off. The motion detection icon is greyed out. I fix this simply by opening camera positioning and then backing out of it. Then the icon is black and motion detection works again. Signal strength is excellent. Again, I just open up the feature and then back out. There was no problem until about 2 months ago. Support has no idea what the problem is.  Firmware and the app are updated.

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Have you tried all the reboot strategies (cameras, hub, router)? It may be fastest to try removing a camera and add it back for testing.

emarshall933
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes. I've tried them all several times.

Dannybear
Master
Master

Are you using the schedule mode, if so rebuild it. 

Is the camera attached to a base station, if so create a custom mode to mimic the armed mode and see if it will work correctly.

Do you know if it happens at the same time at night?

emarshall933
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

Yes, I have done all that. Thanks.

emarshall933
Aspirant
Aspirant

No schedule. No base station. Not sure when it happens. Arlo has the logs, but won't say if the info is in them. Not sure what time it happens.

KFK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have you gotten a resolution to this problem ?  I have just installed pro 4 xl cameras within the last week or so and have the exact same problem.  I have all the updates, great wifi, no base station.... and the motion detection turns off every night so far.  I need to power it off and on to get motion detection to turn on again.  

KFK
Aspirant
Aspirant

It seems like this problem with the motion detection icon greying out every night is only with the app.  I decided to log in on a desktop and all the icons were as they should be.

The icons on the phone app stayed greyed out but the cameras did detect motion and record.  

Hopefully, this is just a minor issue.  I tried the Arlo support route and its pretty much impossible to get to someone to respond.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation