Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Local recordings have stopped showing up in my feeds?

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
wrparker
Tutor
Tutor
  • Hi, my local recordings have stopped showing up in my feeds. Was working fine then just stopped. I still receive notifications on my phone of a recording but they never show up in feeds. I’ve reset the base station but did not help. Not sure what to try next?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

I think I have it now. I can see my local recordings. But I have to be connected to our home Wi-Fi in order to do so.

Apparently I need to buy a subscription to see my local recordings when I’m NOT connected to my Wi-Fi or suggestion was to setup a VPN connection on my router and mobile. I might look into that because I only wanted to buy a subscription when we’re away from home for an extended period of time.

thx for the help.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wrparker wrote:
  • Hi, my local recordings have stopped showing up in my feeds. Was working fine then just stopped. I still receive notifications on my phone of a recording but they never show up in feeds. I’ve reset the base station but did not help. Not sure what to try next?

Does your interface show "feed"?  Or does it show "library"?

wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

It shows “feed”

wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

Should also say it’s a Pro 4.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Does the problem camera have an active subscription?

arlo pro/2 model cameras are bundled with 7days free cloud storage, the pro4 don’t.

wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

It’s all the camera’s. I don’t want cloud storage. I had to buy a memory stick just to be able to save the recordings locally.

I didn’t want a subscription to anything. Why would I need to pay more now to see my local recordings?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wrparker wrote:

It’s all the camera’s. I don’t want cloud storage. I had to buy a memory stick just to be able to save the recordings locally.

What model hub do you have?  You need either a VMB4540 or a VMB5000 to see local recordings in the app (and there is no way to see them from a web browser).

If you have one of these two smarthubs, then with "Feed", the instructions to see the local recordings are

1. Launch the Arlo Secure App.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Tap ...
  4. Tap the settings wheel for your SmartHub.
  5. Tap  Storage Settings.
wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

I have the 4540

this is the screen shot of the settings:

wrparker_0-1681789209479.png

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately I don't have a VMB5000 base on my test account with "Feed" - the base is in an account with "Library".

I am wondering if you ended up on the correct settings page. Did you use the steps that I copied from the KB article above?  They are at the end of the article:

wrparker
Tutor
Tutor

I think I have it now. I can see my local recordings. But I have to be connected to our home Wi-Fi in order to do so.

Apparently I need to buy a subscription to see my local recordings when I’m NOT connected to my Wi-Fi or suggestion was to setup a VPN connection on my router and mobile. I might look into that because I only wanted to buy a subscription when we’re away from home for an extended period of time.

thx for the help.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wrparker wrote:

Apparently I need to buy a subscription to see my local recordings when I’m NOT connected to my Wi-Fi 

Not quite.  With a subscription you get cloud recordings, so no need to see the local ones when you are away.

@wrparker wrote:

or setup a VPN connection on my router and mobile.

Port forwarding is the other possibility.  You'd reserve the local IP address for the base in the router, and then set up port forwarding in the app.  That will give you the port numbers you need to forward to the base in the router.

Either way, port forwarding and/or a VPN won't work with some internet providers.  Mobile Broadband for example doesn't allow any inbound connections.  Some landline providers use a technology called CGNAT, which also doesn't support inbound connections.  But I think some of them can disable that technology for your account if you run into that.

Tb8
Tutor
Tutor

Came here for the same issue. I have an Arlo secure subscription and am on the same wifi as my camera but since the firmware update (4/18-8:22 am ET) none of my recordings show either. Does anyone else have another resolution. The other thread had me check my setting and those are fine. I do believe the firmware update changed something I don’t have access to in the Arlo app and via Arlo in my browser. Single ArloPro4 spotlight is my product. 

5JAM99
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey… I have also had the same issue since the firmware update. I have followed all of the prompts, subscription is up to date, cameras are functional and will record manually, but they will not record. The last post on my feed was 4/18 at 3:23am. It sure seems there is something that has changed since the update

Tb8
Tutor
Tutor

Today I have 3 new recordings in my library of overnight activity. I’m hoping they pushed a resolution. I haven’t modified any settings so I’ll monitor the library through the day to see if it is truly resolved. 

Tb8
Tutor
Tutor

Update: the recordings still aren’t working properly. I triggered some myself that did not show up in the library. I’m at my wits end with this product and the surprises, especially since I’m paying for a subscription. I have a neighbor who wants an outdoor camera, I’ll likely give it to them after I find something better. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tb8 wrote:

Update: the recordings still aren’t working properly. I triggered some myself that did not show up in the library. 

Do you have activity zones enabled?

5JAM99
Aspirant
Aspirant

So I went through the entire system and reset everything. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app and then the cameras. Once it came back up online it started to record and I finally got notifications. The factory default setting will only notify you when the system is in arm away mode. I had to go into the settings and set the arm home to also send notifications. Hope this works for you too 

Tb8
Tutor
Tutor

Yes. I do have one large activity zone and the triggers are happening in the zone. I have received more recordings in my library since my last reply but still not everything. I have reset everything, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but this time I rebooted the devices I use to check the feed, and will keep my fingers crossed. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Tb8 wrote:

I have reset everything, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but this time I rebooted the devices I use to check the feed, and will keep my fingers crossed. 

If it still seems off, try deleting the zone as a test.

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation