Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

I am trying to contact support for help with this useless app but the even more useless bot tells me I can't have support because I don't have a subscription! I would love Arlo to explain what I am paying for each month then!!

No matter what I do I can't get automations to work, nor can I get the arrive/leave working consistently. And if it does work but I arrive home after the automation was due to start it won't kick in. So frustrating I can't even talk to someone it looks like Arlo is going in the bin

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Some screenshots of your automations with full descriptions of what you want to accomplish would help. Have you read the various FAQs here about automations, etc. to see if they help?

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

1000014535.jpg

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

Sorry for the delayed reply, a crazy week. It's very random sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't. I've checked all the articles. I'll try and attach the screenshots 

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

1000014536.jpg

1000014537.jpg

1000014538.jpg

1000014539.jpg

1000014540.jpg

1000014541.jpg

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A suggestion by another user here may have fruit:

Edit your schedules  to add another action. For nighttime, choose Enable/Disable an Automation and choose the Arrive geofencing automation to be disabled. For the daytime automations, do the same process but in this case choose to enable the Leave automation. This (theoretically) helps schedules and geofencing to work together.

Now edit your geofencing and add new actions to them. For Leave add both your daytime and nighttime schedules to be disabled. For Arrive add both your daytime and nighttime schedules to be enabled.

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you I'll change it now. I did have something similar I tried a number of combinations that didn't work so deleted everything and just went back to basics, but I can't remember if this was one of them so fingers crossed

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

I've given that a try but no luck unfortunately. It worked about half the time today. It sometimes recognised someone went out, but not that they came back at lunchtime. Then got it right when I came home this evening but failed when I went back out again. There's no consistency with it. We may as well just resort to trying to remember to do everything manually. I would love to find the solution. Thanks for your help.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We are investigating reports of this behavior, as soon as there is an update I will reach out to the community. 

LittleAngel66
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you, hopefully the update is not too far away. Infuriating that I have spent weeks communicating with support and there is no acknowledgement of a fault at your end just more passing from pillar to post and requests for more irrelevant information 

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation