Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Is it possible to set up 4 cameras over 2 separate home wifi networks.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hoplite
Aspirant
Aspirant

My property has 2 separate wifi networks. 1 in the main house and one in a shed. 

I want to place 2 Arlo pro 4 cameras in the house on the home wifi network and 2 in the shed. 

Is it possible to have 4 cameras on 2 separate wifi networks feed into the same app or will they need separate accounts?

Will I have to pay for 2 monthly plans as these are on different wifi networks?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@Hoplite wrote:

Is it possible to have 4 cameras on 2 separate wifi networks feed into the same app or will they need separate accounts?

Yes.  You should make sure the phone is connected to the appropriate wifi network when you on-board them.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hoplite wrote:

Yes.  You should make sure the phone is connected to the appropriate wifi network when you on-board them.

Hoplite
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok thanks. But once onboarded The app can receive from multiple cameras across multiple networks. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Hoplite wrote:

But once onboarded The app can receive from multiple cameras across multiple networks. 

Yes.

Livestreaming from cameras on the "other" network might go through the Arlo cloud - if that happens any ISP data caps would apply.  But everything will work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation