Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Incomplete Manufacture of Total Security Mount

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
XMLS
Tutor
Tutor

When assembling the Total Security Mount we noticed that there was nothing to prevent the collar (used for camera position adjustment) being unthreaded and the camera and housing taken away. Probably would be the simplest way to remove/steal a camera.

When inspecting the housing base (not the mounting base), there is a small collared hole with M2-2 printed beside that we believe should have contained a screw or similar. The base plate had a tiny "stopper" that appeared to be serving no purpose.

By drilling out the M2-2 hole and inserting a tiny screw we discovered that after the collar was tightened up firmly, and the screw done up, there was enough play when unscrewing the collar the now restricted amount to position the camera, while preventing the complete unthreading of this collar (for anyone without strong hands at least).

If anyone has purchased or installed one of these mounts and not checked the collar, they too could also have a totally insecure "security" mount.

We couldn't be bothered with the delay returning it to the retailer/Arlo when we could fix it ourselves, but it's a joke that it was sold this way.

Photos are available if Arlo is interested in following up with us.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

XMLS,

If you feel there is a defect with your total security mount, I encourage you to contact the Arlo Support team to investigate further.

If you're experiencing an installation issue with the security mount, take a look at the installation guide found here for a breakdown of how it's designed and how to secure the mount: How do I use my Arlo Total Security Mount?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation