Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ineedourinvoice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Dear Arlo; I need our invoice. I need a way to get our invoice. Don't send me to your kb article 000063286 because it is out of date; our payment information page HAS NO "Billing History" link.

We used to get monthly emails of our invoices but that seemed to stop at the beginning of the year and there is no way for me to get the invoice manually and there is no way for me to contact you to ask for the invoice.

Some suggestions:
Don't have a "Contact Us" page if it is literally impossible to contact you. Sure; have a "Knowledgebase" link or something, but if you are not going to post an email address, phone number, or a real chat, then there is NO ACTUAL WAY TO CONTACT YOU!

Don't have a "Live Chat" if you there is no way to live chat with an actual person. I know how to search in a knowledgebase, I don't need a robot to do that for me. 

Why on earth do you not have ways for people to download invoices? (Well, ways that actually work) 

If you have a secret hidden way to get the invoice that is NOT https://kb.arlo.com/000063286/How-to-access-your-Arlo-Secure-subscription-billing-history-invoice-an... then please let me know.

P.S. I tried to upload a screenshot of our billing page but apparently uploading images here is broken as well.

8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ineedourinvoice wrote:

Don't send me to your kb article 000063286 because it is out of date; our payment information page HAS NO "Billing History" link.

It's not out-of-date (I do have the link, and can email myself an invoice).

I am thinking that you are still running the old interface (that has "Library" as a menu choice).  You need the newer "Feed" interface to get the billing history link.  We can give you info on how to do that if you need it.

@JamesC - most articles that are only for Arlo 4.0 include the word "Feed".  This one doesn't, and won't be very meaningful for someone who doesn't know about Arlo 4.0.

ineedourinvoice
Aspirant
Aspirant

You need the newer "Feed" interface to get the billing history link. We can give you info on how to do that if you need it.

Yes, I do have a "Library" menu choice. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how to get the "Billing History" link to show up.

Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ineedourinvoice wrote:

You need the newer "Feed" interface to get the billing history link. We can give you info on how to do that if you need it.

Yes, I do have a "Library" menu choice. I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me how to get the "Billing History" link to show up.

First, you should be aware that "Feed" is quite different and still has some issues.  One big limitation is that there are no custom modes - just three built-in ones (Armed Away, Armed Home, Standby).  You can edit all three, but cannot create new modes.  Also it is not possible to get the combination of geofencing+scheduling to completely work.  

Another consideration is that while you can migrate from "Library" to "Feed" you cannot migrate back from "Feed" to "Libary".

If those are acceptable limitations. then here's the hack that lets you migrate to "Feed".  You go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  It doesn't matter that you don't actually have one.  While you can't complete the install, the workflow will migrate you to "Feed" before you get stuck.

ineedourinvoice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @StephenB 

From what I currently understand, I basically have two options:

1) Don't migrate to the new "Feed" interface and I will be unable to download or attain our invoice in any way.

2) Migrate to the new "Feed" interface so that I can download an invoice but now I am stuck with the feed interface forever.

Does that seem correct?

Looking though the community it looks like most people are not yet happy with the Feed interface. Is there any KB article on the differences between the "Feed" and "Library" interfaces? Also, it seems that "Feed" is going to be the only interface at some point moving forward anyway?

Is there really no other way for me to get my invoice? This seems so bizarre. I love Arlo camera's but wow..... just.... so.... bizarre.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ineedourinvoice wrote:

From what I currently understand, I basically have two options:

1) Don't migrate to the new "Feed" interface and I will be unable to download or attain our invoice in any way.

2) Migrate to the new "Feed" interface so that I can download an invoice but now I am stuck with the feed interface forever.

Correct.  Though at some point you will end up on "Feed" anyway.  Arlo will not maintain two completely different interfaces forever.  It has to add a lot of cost to development and test, plus it creates a lot of headaches for support (and customers).

I've been on Feed a while, and I am ok with it.  But if you use geofencing and scheduling, or use custom modes then you will run into problems.

@ineedourinvoice wrote:

Is there any KB article on the differences between the "Feed" and "Library" interfaces? 

There is this one:

There are quite a few more targetted articles on specific topics. For example

1. https://kb.arlo.com/41/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera
  2. https://kb.arlo.com/000062895/How-do-I-change-the-motion-sensitivity-on-my-Arlo-camera-Arlo-Secure-4...

The first is for "Library", the second is for "Feed".

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

ineedourinvoice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks @StephenB this is all very helpful!

ineedourinvoice
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you @BrookeN 

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation