Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I have few questions regarding Arlo Pro 4 XL sec cameras :

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
MosOak
Follower
Follower

1-what is inside the Smarthub unit? Can someone open it up and the add USB HDD or SSD hard drive inside the Smarthub instead of connecting it to the outside USB port ?

2-can you provide us with link to purchase spare Pro 4 XL “housing part only” the legit one ? so if I want to charge up the battery instead of pulling the whole thing down , I could only bring the battery and camera inside and don’t mess with original housing set up on the wall? (Leaving the mount and original housing intact outside and only bring the battery and camera in put it in the spare housing to charge up) 

🔴After market charging station might mess up your battery 🔋 

3-why Arlo did not add anti-theft features for the model, if someone wants to unscrew the Cam they easily can , what is your solution for that matter? 

Thank You ! 

Arlo Pro 4 Wireless Security Camera 

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Note this a user-to-user forum, and I don't work for Arlo.  There are two Arlo mods that monitor it, and they might chime in, or pass on your feedback.

@MosOak wrote:

1-what is inside the Smarthub unit? Can someone open it up and the add USB HDD or SSD hard drive inside the Smarthub instead of connecting it to the outside USB port ?

The smarthub is essentially a specialized router.  I don't recommend trying to modify it.  As far as storage goes, a flash drive gives more than enough storage, so I recommend using that instead of an HDD or SDD.

@MosOak wrote:

2-can you provide us with link to purchase spare Pro 4 XL “housing part only” the legit one ? so if I want to charge up the battery instead of pulling the whole thing down , I could only bring the battery and camera inside and don’t mess with original housing set up on the wall? (Leaving the mount and original housing intact outside and only bring the battery and camera in put it in the spare housing to charge up) 

Arlo doesn't sell XL housings apart from the battery - no idea why, since they do sell housings for other cameras.

But a better solution for your problem is to get the Arlo stand-alone charger.  Then you can bring the battery inside for charging (and if desired, purchase a spare battery so you can just swap them).

You could also get the outdoor charger, and use that as needed to charge the cameras in place.

@MosOak wrote:

3-why Arlo did not add anti-theft features for the model, if someone wants to unscrew the Cam they easily can , what is your solution for that matter? 

As you've already found, Arlo hasn't offered an anti-theft mount for the XL (and several folks here are dissatified with the antitheft mount for the standard Pro 4).

The camera uses standard screw threads for mounting, so you could explore third-party mounts.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation