Muting notifications on individual devices

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Capsgator
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the app loaded on my phone as well as my wife.  We need it to use the geofencing function.  However while I’d like the notifications coming, she has no desire to receive them.  Seems like I can only turn notifications on/off for all devices.  Is there a way that I can turn off notifications for specific devices and others remain on?

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Capsgator wrote:

I have the app loaded on my phone as well as my wife.  We need it to use the geofencing function.  However while I’d like the notifications coming, she has no desire to receive them. 

You could switch to email notifications for the cameras you want to only notify you, which would then only come only to your email account.  The downside is that the emails will only take longer to deliver than a push notification.  This change would be made in the rules for the cameras.

Another option is to go into your wife's phone settings, and turn off all notifications for the Arlo Secure app.  Then she wouldn't receive any,  and you would continue to receive them.  With an iPhone, that is done by going into the general iPhone settings, and then selecting the Arlo Secure App.  I haven't used Android for a while, so I'm not sure where the setting is there.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation