Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

I have Arlo Pro4 and am trying to change the internet service. I only want to get internet changed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
kckumar9
Follower
Follower

When I follow the directions of the AI it is not step by step and there are links missing on my secure page that they say to go to.  This is insane that you don't have a tech phone number to a tech department so they can walk me through this process.  

OK.... this Arlo is too complicated for a person to follow the half instructions.  I am tempted to just get rid of this security system and get one that has a phone number to call and ask questions.  Doing this the ARLO way takes hours where a phone call would only take a few minutes.  Everything on my system works, I just want to know how to change the internet service to another provider.  

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@kckumar9 wrote:

I have Arlo Pro4 and am trying to change the internet service.

The simplest path (both for the cameras and your other devices) is to set up the new router to have the same WiFi name and WiFi password that the old router used.

If it's too late for that, you can

1. remove the camera from the account
  2. open the camera and press the sync button inside until the camera LED flashes amber (~15 seconds)
  3. add the camera back to your account.

@kckumar9 wrote:

This is insane that you don't have a tech phone number to a tech department so they can walk me through this process.  

You can get phone support if you have a subscription.  You go into the support center in the app (not my.arlo.com).  Select the camera, and then scroll down to the contacts section.  You'll find a phone support option there.  It is grayed out when the call center is closed.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation