Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I can't figure out how to subscribe to a paid service

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
utschy
Tutor
Tutor
I can't figure out how to charge my battery. I think I need a proper charger brick or base. I have a proper charge cord. I am happy to purchase a subscription but I can't seem to figure out how to purchase a subscription on the app, maybe because my camera has no battery and can't be connect f to create an account? So without a subscription I can't call tech support. I also would be happy to buy a new charge port but I literally have no idea what model or part to buy and there is also no sales support to buy a new charger. Someone show me the way.
8 REPLIES 8
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@utschy wrote:
I can't figure out how to charge my battery. I think I need a proper charger brick or base. I have a proper charge cord. 

Is the issue that you don't know what charger to use?

Any 5 volt/2 amp charger should work with the charge cord you have.

utschy
Tutor
Tutor
Thanks for your reply but I don't know where to get a 5 volt/2amp charger?
I tried plugging into a Samsung mobile phone charger and an apple small little brick phone charger and neither worked?
utschy
Tutor
Tutor
Does anyone know how to get customer service on the line so I can buy a charger? That's why I was also looking for help to sign up for a plan so I could talk to someone who can sell me a charger that will make my Arlo camera work.
dcfox1
Master
Master

@utschy wrote:
Does anyone know how to get customer service on the line so I can buy a charger? That's why I was also looking for help to sign up for a plan so I could talk to someone who can sell me a charger that will make my Arlo camera work.

On the Arlo accessory page for Pro3 and Pro4 they have the 8-foot indoor charger but not the short one that came with the cam. To subscribe to a sub go to settings-subscription to subscribe. Use the web portal for that if on IOS. 

https://www.arlo.com/en-us/accessories.pro3.pro4

utschy
Tutor
Tutor
I am sorry but the link you provided does not show a charger that I can plug the cord into. There is a two battery charger which is an addition I don't need since I only have one camera. I looked at my Samsung charger and it is 5volts and 2 amps but would not charge the battery
utschy
Tutor
Tutor
I tried using a 5volt 2 amp charger and. It did not work
dcfox1
Master
Master

@utschy wrote:
I am sorry but the link you provided does not show a charger that I can plug the cord into. There is a two battery charger which is an addition I don't need since I only have one camera. I looked at my Samsung charger and it is 5volts and 2 amps but would not charge the battery

Not sure why you say it wouldn't work aside from length as it is made for the Pro4 with the magnetic connection to the camera. The Pro4 does not have a usb connection in the camera. It is long but it was just a suggestion but would work. Also as far as another thread you just posted have you selected "settings" then "subscription"? Did you get as far as the subscription option and what does it say there. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@utschy wrote:
Thanks for your reply but I don't know where to get a 5 volt/2amp charger?
I tried plugging into a Samsung mobile phone charger and an apple small little brick phone charger and neither worked?

If you look at the charger, you should be able to read the output voltage and amperage.

I suspect your apple charger is 5.2v, 2.4 amp

You might have a defective cable, or possibly a defective camera.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation