Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Iogeo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Having trouble with volume and clarity coming from cameras. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

How far away from the camera(s) is the person who is talking?

Are you having this problem when watching recordings?  Or only when using the 2-way talk feature?

Iogeo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I am standing 6 feet away from the camera while using 2 way talk feature.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Iogeo1,

Is there no sound coming from the camera at all or is it just an volume issue?

JamesC

Iogeo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can hear a voice but it is extremely low and muffled. The volume is at 100% and I am standing 5 feet away from the camera. This is happening on 2 cameras. I also hear a hissing noise from the cameras.
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

I have this issue too, but Ive had enough of Arlo now. Two Pro 4 cameras (XL) cost as much almost as a Duhua TiOC 2.0 system with a DVR (1TB) and an app. The system for two cameras cost me £850 installed and the image quality is stunning, so many more features and no batteries or wifi problems or sound issues. Although Arlo is easy to put up I would say a hard wired system will beat the Arlo cameras every time and are so much less buggy. The DVR plug into your router for internet connection via the app, wish I had done this the first time rather than gone down the Arlo route.  There are many makes out there, find one that suits your needs and pocket and don't use Wi-Fi battery cameras as the image quality and feature set is so much better with hard wired systems.

Iogeo1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the response. However, this is a new system, and I really don't want to buy nother one. I am thinking about going back to Best Buy to see if one of their techy brains may have ideas.
Killhippie
Prodigy
Prodigy

Sadly its been like this since the I have had the Pro 4 which is a year ago, my OLD Arlo Go was better in most ways (including night vision) than the pro 4 and could handle a white door with ease whereas the Pro 4 needed to be moved, I think wifi cameras are easy to put up, but maybe are not the most reliable or safe system you can get and including a subscription cost almost as much as a wired system with 4 port NVR.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation