Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to identify IP address of Pro 4 camera

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
scubamarky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi

Is there anyway to identify the IP address assigned to a Pro 4 camera?

I have several Pro 4's, plus a doorbell and chime, and I am trying to identify which is which on the router, but I cannot seem to find anywhere in the Arlo app where it mentions the IP address, or even the MAC address. So without going through the hassle of disconnecting all devices and then connecting them one by one I am struggling to identify which is which on the router.

Is this information available anywhere? If it isn't can I make a request to have this added in a future update to the app?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scubamarky wrote:

Is this information available anywhere? If it isn't can I make a request to have this added in a future update to the app?

If you still have the camera box(es) try looking there for both the serial and the mac address.  

I agree that the mac address and IP address should be added to device info.

scubamarky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Unfortunately the Serial Number is not going to help in this instance, and the MAC address is not mentioned anywhere on the device. I'm not sure about the box, but since I have 4 cameras in one box it would be impossible to identify which is which even if it was mentioned.

Maybe Arlo don't want us to know these details? Maybe they just enjoy making our lives difficult 😉

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@scubamarky wrote:

but since I have 4 cameras in one box it would be impossible to identify which is which even if it was mentioned.

Some kits have the cameras individually boxed, with label that includes the S/N and the mac address.  Once onboarded that doesn't help that much - but it can be useful if you identify them as you onboard.

Though painful, you can turn off a specific camera (removing the battery), and see what mac address disappears.  If you do that with all of the Pro 4s, then whatever is left must be the the doorbell.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation