Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras

How to connect Arlo Pro 4 to a campus WIFI which doesn't need entering authentication

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
hq1ap4
Aspirant
Aspirant

We appreciate anyone can provide us the info on how to connect Arlo Pro 4 to a campus WIFI which doesn't need entering authentication after registering devices to campus housing site.

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@hq1ap4 wrote:

We appreciate anyone can provide us the info on how to connect Arlo Pro 4 to a campus WIFI which doesn't need entering authentication after registering devices to campus housing site.

How do you register a device?

hq1ap4
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for your assistance, StephenB. All students register the devices on the school site by using the products' MAC and their given ID info 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

The cameras connect at 2.4 ghz, and require WPA2-PSK encryption. 

@hq1ap4 wrote:

All students register the devices on the school site by using the products' MAC and their given ID info 

You'd have to do the same with the Pro 4 cameras before onboarding.  I think the MAC address is printed on a label inside the case (perhaps behind the battery).

Then you could go through the on-boarding process.  Arlo doesn't document exactly how that process is done - I believe it does depend on network broadcast packets being able to reach between the camera and the onboarding device (mobile phone, or PC browsing to my.arlo.com). 

One workaround is to onboard them offsite, using a normal home router that has 5 Ghz disabled, and is configured to use the same network name and password as the campus network.

hq1ap4
Aspirant
Aspirant

We aware of 2.4 ghz, and WPA2-PSK encryption.  Thanks StephenB.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation