Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit and Arlo Pro4

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Aldorusso
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am following the instructions to connect (scanning, entering codes, settings) HomeKit and it does not even provide an option to do so. 

Is this something that can be done?

10 REPLIES 10
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aldorusso,

To setup Arlo HomeKit integration with your Arlo device, take a look at the following instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

At what point are you experiencing an issue during these steps?

JamesC

Aldorusso
Aspirant
Aspirant

Home kit does not recognize the devices and scanning does not work. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Aldorusso,

Are your cameras connected to an Arlo Base Station or SmartHub?

JamesC

haydonz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi James

I am also having an issue adding my VMB4540r3 with Arlo Pro 4 cameras to my Homekit, I have updated all firmware, IOS apps and hard powered off the base station. The setup sits at (Discovering your device. Please wait. ) with no devices found. 

Cheers

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

haydonz,

I've sent a token reset request to your base station that should resolve the issue. Please reboot your base station (remove and reapply power) allow the base station to come back online and try setting up HomeKit again using these instructions: How do I connect my Arlo camera to Apple HomeKit?

JamesC

haydonz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James

I've done that and it still gets stuck at discovering devices after step 4.

20210903_041535000_iOS.png
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

haydonz,

You may need to factory reset and try again if you're still experiencing an issue. (Keep in mind you will need to resync all cameras and set up any custom modes as if the system were new)

To factory reset, follow these instructions: How can I reset my Arlo SmartHub or base station to the default values?

JamesC

haydonz
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks James

I've reset the base station and am still having the same issue (both before and after reconnecting the cameras). I have an Arlo baby monitor already directly connected to the HomeKit, could this be interfering? 

Cheers

Haydon

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

haydonz,

If you're still experiencing an issue after the reset, please contact the Arlo Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

JamesC

haydonz
Aspirant
Aspirant
Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation