Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing - Iphone listed as a friend but I cannot enable her phone.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Marthinus
Aspirant
Aspirant

Geofencing is a mess. I have a galaxy note. Works fine. Wife has iphone. She's listed as a friend but I cannot enable her phone. I then deleted the phone from the app now I can't get it back. This geofencing disaster has been going in since 2019 if I search the forum. This app is overly complicated. How are older people supposed to set it up or use it? It's really annoying as these cameras a very expensive and geofencing was a key selling point for me.

4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marthinus,

What do you mean you deleted her phone from the app? Can you provide details of what you did and what you are seeing? Any error messages?

JamesC

Marthinus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Uninstalled the app from both phones. Downloaded new app. Re invited my wife's iphone. Added to geofencing enabled devices. Still doesn't work. When I'm away the system arms even though her phone is sti at home. Tried everything. Logged out did it all again. Latest app versions.
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Marthinus,

Is the app running on your wife's phone as well? If she kills or force closes the app, this could be causing the issue.

JamesC

Marthinus
Aspirant
Aspirant
Her app is open and functioning. I tested it by leaving it on the desk at home and driving off with mine. For some reason it activated the away mode even though her phone is linked and there are no errors. Her phone is connected to the wifi and mobile network with full signal. So the app should know that the phone is home.
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation