Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Friend Unable to See Devices on App

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
joomingun78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've sent my wife a friend invite so that she would be able to view our Arlo devices on her app but every time she clicks the link and logs in, she is unable to see any of the camera feeds.  I've deleted the app, deleted her account several times and re-sent the invite to start the process again and she still cannot see the cameras on her dashboard.  I've read all the forums and the community posts but the suggestions that were made on the forums I've tried and none seem to work.  Also, I've been trying to find a phone number for customer service and the only number I can seem to get to work is for new orders.  The automated teller asks for an order number which I don't have so they'll just hang up on you if you don't input an order number.  

THIS IS GETTING SO FRUSTRATING.  HAD I KNOWN THAT THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS A JOKE THEN I WOULD'VE STUCK WITH THE NEST PRODUCTS I HAD ORGINALLY PURCHASED.  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

9 REPLIES 9
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, are you both using the same version of the app as well as seeing the same thing in the user interface (UI)? There are 2 UIs that may be displayed, one with Library to view videos and the other, new one, with Feed. Which do both have since they have to match?

If you have Library, you need to migrate to the new UI by "adding" a Pro 5 camera to your system, even though you don't have one. That will trigger the migration after which you simply cancel the install. Custom modes don't get copied over so you will need to recreate them in Routines using the 3 available modes, including Standby which can be used as you wish/need. It's a completely new UI so go through the whole thing to understand it.

Once set up, your wife would click on Home at the top of the screen and choose the bottom one, which will be yours. I suggest that you rename your Home so it's obvious whose is whose. Every user gets a Home location so renaming them can be useful.

Assuming you have a subscription, you can use either Settings, Support (old UI) or Settings ("person" icon top left), Support Center to access official support. If you don't have a sub, you can buy a monthly single camera sub and then cancel it when done.

joomingun78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm assuming you're an ARLO REP so if you're not, that please forgive me for being snooty. 

I just purchased the ARLO PRO 4 cameras at COSTCO yesterday so whatever version app I downloaded from the app store is the version I'm using.  I'm assuming, since we both downloaded the app the same day, the version is the same.

Also, what?  Can you please provide me with step-by-step instructions vice blurting out a bunch of directions I don't have an understanding for as of yet?  I just purchased your product yesterday and still trying to figure out the functions.  I don't have an understanding to your reply.  

Also, this issue is plastered all over the internet, you'd think ARLO would figure out a solution to this issue.

joomingun78
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve tried your suggestion but nothing works. I’ve even tried doing everything on a PC and still the same result. Please help

joomingun78
Aspirant
Aspirant

FINALLY....got it to work.

I did everything via PC.  Even did the friend acceptance on the PC.  I reloaded the ARLO security app on my wife's phone and logged in once I did the entire friend acceptance via PC.  After a while, I noticed on my app on my phone that the friend status for my wife no longer said it was pending.  This prompted me to start start playing around with my wife's phone once again because something was finally different and different, in this case is good.

I discovered that underneath my wife's profile there were two home locations.  The first one just read home and the second one read home shared by Jason (which is my name) was reflected. I deleted the first choice, logged back out of her app and logged back in.  I was now able to see all the cameras that I had shared out to her.  Below is the step by step location of where I saw the home location:

1. Click on the little person symbol located on the top left hand corner of your dashboard upon login.

2. From here you'll see the "Locations and Plans".

3. Click on the one that isn't shared by the main account holder.

4. From here I believe there is an option that reads "Remove Location."  Click on this.

5. Once removed, click on the Account Profile and Security button with your name reflected.

6. Log out and log back in.  

7. If you don't see the cameras upon login, click on devices and/or feeds on the bottom of your UI app.  The camera feeds should come up.

Hope this helps

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Glad you figgered it out. However, I'm not sure what happens by deleting your wife's Home. That's never been discussed or tried before AFAIK. In this case I don't think it will make any difference but...

joomingun78
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason, I couldn’t see the cameras I shared out until the home was deleted. 

What problems are you saying I’d be experiencing?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

No idea other than perhaps that user then trying to set up a system themselves.

Gtmoney
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having same issue my wife and have same version of arlo app when she logs in there are no devices to be seen please advise. 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Check my reply (post #2 in this thread). The version of the app isn't as important as having the same user interface.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation