Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
JT1990
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hey there,

I've setup 7 Arlo Pro 4 cameras and I'm constantly getting notifications of family members walking by them. This is super annoying as I only want notifications for non-family members. Is facial recongition being considered as an upcoming feature? 

The alternative is to turn off 'People' notifications but then what's the point of the feed/siren features? 

At the very least perhaps build some form of timer? (ie: Only send 'People' notifications during 10pm-7am). That would at least mean we have notification coverage during riskier times of day.

This has made the cameras almost un-usable and I'm considering returning them all.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT1990 wrote:
Ah interesting! How do you schedule notifications?

First you create a custom mode.

The camera rule(s) in the custom mode should be exactly like Armed, but you don't check the radio box for notifications.

notifications.png

You can then manually engage that custom mode, and confirm that it works the way you expect.

Then you create a schedule, that automatically switches between the custom mode and the normal Armed mode.  There is a small gotcha - you can't create a single entry that crosses midnight.  So you need to schedule one entry that ends at 11:59, and then a second one that begins at 12:00

Then select "schedule" as the mode.

If you have bases(s), then you create the mode and schedule up for each base. The mode would contain one rule for each camera on the base.

If your cameras are connected to your home wifi, then you need to create the mode and schedule for each camera.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT1990 wrote:

At the very least perhaps build some form of timer? (ie: Only send 'People' notifications during 10pm-7am). That would at least mean we have notification coverage during riskier times of day.

I agree it would be useful to schedule smart notifications, but presently Arlo doesn't have that.

What you can do is schedule the cameras to only send notifications at night.  You could still get daytime recordings if you want them.  This would block all notifications (not just people).

JT1990
Aspirant
Aspirant
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JT1990 wrote:

First you create a custom mode.

The camera rule(s) in the custom mode should be exactly like Armed, but you don't check the radio box for notifications.

notifications.png

You can then manually engage that custom mode, and confirm that it works the way you expect.

Then you create a schedule, that automatically switches between the custom mode and the normal Armed mode.  There is a small gotcha - you can't create a single entry that crosses midnight.  So you need to schedule one entry that ends at 11:59, and then a second one that begins at 12:00

Then select "schedule" as the mode.

If you have bases(s), then you create the mode and schedule up for each base. The mode would contain one rule for each camera on the base.

If your cameras are connected to your home wifi, then you need to create the mode and schedule for each camera.

JT1990
Aspirant
Aspirant

Amazing thanks for the detailed help!

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation