Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
Yankee_mutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

We've got several Arlo Pro 4's surrounding the house, and they are fantastic, except for the excessive notifications. Typically if there is any motion, such as FedEx delivering a package, we will get anywhere from 4-10 notifications and video clips each documenting practically every step the FedEx driver took. Is there any way to reduce the number of notifications, or force Arlo to take longer clips instead of the insane number of clips it takes now? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dcfox1
Master
Master

In the mode rules for each camera you can make the recording longer up to 120 seconds. I do on my driveway to to avoid the clip stopping when movement briefly stops then starts again with another clip like you said. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dcfox1
Master
Master

In the mode rules for each camera you can make the recording longer up to 120 seconds. I do on my driveway to to avoid the clip stopping when movement briefly stops then starts again with another clip like you said. 

What are modes and rules and how does Arlo use them?

Yankee_mutt
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you! I hadn't realized I could customize it like that. I made the changes and the noise has been reduced significantly.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation